Service Desk Manager / Tier 3 Escalations Technician
CopperTree Solutions Inc., a Managed IT Service Provider serving Waterloo and surrounding areas, is currently seeking a full-time Service Desk Manager / Tier 3 Escalations Technician to lead our help desk team.
This is a hands-on role, taking responsibility for CopperTree’s clients’ experience with our reactive services, while working alongside your team to ensure the resolution of all technical issues. The individual we are looking for is a leader who is excited about taking on responsibility for making sure our clients feel like we're not just closing tickets but getting to the root of their issues. You are passionate about developing, mentoring, and managing your team, and possess the technological skills required to take on bigger challenges yourself. You have several years of experience leading and managing a team, as well as providing hands on technical support.
At CopperTree, we believe strongly in living and breathing our values.
There’s a spirit of adventure here – we are risk takers. We’re a highly progressive and growing organization and don’t believe in standing still. You’ll discover that you have lots of freedom here, freedom to create and innovate. We are not the biggest company in our industry, but we are a leader, and are known for our consistency of approach. Most importantly, while you’re working with CopperTree, it’s vital to us that you enjoy your career journey.
As a result of our growing business, we are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to assume responsibility for getting client’s technical issues resolved on the help desk. This role consists of leading CopperTree’s help desk team. You are a leader and mentor first, but work alongside your team of two to resolve client issues as they come up.
The leader of CopperTree’s frontline team will maintain a positive attitude and friendly demeanor while communicating with CopperTree’s end users when they need help the most.
- Leading and managing the help desk team at CopperTree
- Assuming responsibility for the experience clients receive when interacting with the help desk.
- Improving help desk processes and procedures and managing KPIs
- Promoting a culture of utilizing documentation to facilitate closing tickets and record keeping.
- Ensuring staff dig as deep as it takes to resolve the root of a problem, not just repair symptoms.
- Supporting our clients by working all tiers of reactive tickets in CopperTree's Help Desk.
- Acting as the primary technician for all tickets that require escalation.
- Triaging calls and emails from users as well as tickets generated by our monitoring software.
- Monitoring alert addresses for critical and time-sensitive problems.
- Reviewing closed tickets to ensure the quality of service and identify areas of improvement.
- Scheduling and facilitating hardware replacements.
- Following and helping to evolve CopperTree's best practices.
- Minimizing client impact, downtime and frustration.
- Engaging with 3rd party vendors to delve deeper into uncovering solutions.
- Can adapt to situations involving clients with unique hardware and software requirements.
- Working with and providing feedback to other departments CopperTree to improve services.
- Shared duties with all departments within CopperTree Solutions Inc. such as (bonused) rotating on-call shifts and overtime as necessary.
- A strong passion for developing, mentoring, and managing your team.
- Highly motivated, self-driven with a positive attitude and a “never give up” mentality.
- Strong desire to provide valued service to the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Process driven with focus on goals, strong multitasking and scheduling abilities.
- Can also work independently and discover solutions for unusual and difficult problems.
- Assisting other staff to find solutions before escalations take place.
- Strong capability to operate in the modern IT landscape with a proven track record utilizing a variety of technologies including but not limited to: Workstations and servers, Windows domains, email systems such as Exchange and Office 365, networking and firewall infrastructure, cloud services, virtualization (Hyper-V) and phone systems.
- 7+ years within the IT industry.
- 3+ years leading and managing a team of individuals.
- Driver’s license valid for use in Ontario
- Attractive base pay plus options for overtime.
- Opportunities for growth within CopperTree’s team.
- Playing a key role in a growing organization.
- Central Waterloo location
CopperTree Solutions Inc. is a growing company and an equal opportunity employer. If you require any kind of special accommodation to apply for this role, please let us know. If you are looking for a challenge and are willing to grow with us, please contact us. Thank you.