At Sonova, our vision is straightforward. We foster a world in which there is a solution to every hearing loss and all people equally enjoy the delight of hearing. A deep commitment to help improve the lives of people with hearing loss unites our family of innovative brands including Unitron, headquartered right here in Kitchener. Collectively, we aim to be the most respected hearing care company in the world
We are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, design manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Join our mission and become part of our amazing team!
As a Senior Software Developer, you will perform the Technical Lead role within the Software Development team. As required, acts as the backup for the Team Lead or the Team Manager. You will be responsible for developing and analyzing software solutions for hearing aid market applications, hearing aid manufacturing and internal sales and marketing support. You will provide training and technical support for both internal and external customers.
- Performs the Technical Lead role within the Software Development team
- As required, acts as back-up for the Team Lead or Team Manager
- Works with the Manager, Software Development, the Software Architect and the Senior Software Developer, Team Lead to establish and maintain an overall software architecture strategy
- As part of a new product development team, represents the Software Team on technical issues
- Provides technical guidance to Software Developers
- Develop and analyze software solutions for hearing aid market applications, hearing aid manufacturing and internal sales and marketing support.
- Analyze third party software for possible hearing aid market applications, hearing aid manufacturing and internal sales and marketing support.
- Assist in the training of customers and/or internal personnel in the use of all supported software and systems.
- Create design documents as required to ensure that requirements are implemented to meet customer’s expectations.
- Perform Verification/Validation of software and systems.
- Troubleshoot software/system issues as required.
- Work closely with the Software Quality Assurance team to provide input into Test Cases.
- Maintain coding standards and best practices for software development. Participates in the code review process to ensure that quality is built into the software.
- Follow the established standards developed for source code archiving to ensure that the software build/release process is tightly controlled using source control tools.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills and experience in C#, Java, C++, or other object-oriented language
- 5 years Software Development Experience
- Proven ability of systematically designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting software
- Passion for code quality and maintainability
- Sense of ownership for software projects
- Effective time management and clear communication
- Interest in creative and collaborative processes
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources.
Sonova's hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person, equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.