Software Developer, Mobile Apps
At Sonova, our vision is straightforward. We foster a world in which there is a solution to every hearing loss and all people equally enjoy the delight of hearing. We are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, design, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Collectively, we aim to be the most respected hearing care company in the world.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with one of our innovative brands including Unitron headquartered right here in Kitchener, with individuals who share deep commitment to help improve the lives of people with hearing loss. Join our mission and become part of our amazing team!
You’ll be instrumental in the design of products that enhance the quality of life for those with hearing loss. With your brilliant development skills you will help us build the technology that will provide communications to our Blue-tooth enabled hearing aids.
- As a hands-on member of our team you will help to develop native applications in Android and/or iOS, using C++ 14, Java, Swift and other advanced modern technologies
- Design software that will provide communications to our Bluetooth enabled hearing aids
- Collaborate in many different areas of our multi-application, cross-platform mobile system
- Be a key member on one of the Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada
The experience you bring:
- Diploma/degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills and experience in iOS or Android
- Experience with cross-platform mobile development and/or Bluetooth LE protocols
- Creative and collaborative with a focus on code quality
- Desire to continue to develop your programming skills and take ownership of software projects
- Excellent multi-tasking , communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources.
Sonova's hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person, equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.