Copy of Maufacturing Supervisor - Afternoon Shift
Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
As part of our continuing growth in this high technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for a Manufacturing Supervisor - Afternoon Shift.
In this position, your responsibilities will include controlling the on-time delivery of product and providing clear direction of activities for manufacturing associates to meet the production schedule. The daily supervision of associates is required including establishing goals/objectives and evaluating performance. The planning and provision of comprehensive training plans are also required for each manufacturing associate.
Work can be carried out in a Clean Room with a controlled environment where associates wear body suits, head covers and masks. Compliance with all Clean Room rules and procedures is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the direct supervision and management of staff. Ensure that OHSA is followed and that employees are trained based on both the Act and Teledyne DALSA H&S policies to ensure due diligence is met.
- To complete physical inspection of the department being supervised in order to identify and resolve any workplace hazards.
- Identification, planning and provision of comprehensive training for the associates to ensure an effective level of cross-training, hence providing a flexible work-force.
- Provide monthly reports of metrics that indicate the performance levels of the group.
- Collect, maintain and provide access to data in a manner that supports product design, manufacturing process and customer support continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to motivate others to complete expected workload with high level of quality.
- Ability to recognize performance issues or accomplishments and provide timely feedback.
- Participate in performance management/monitoring. This includes but is not limited to GOP preparation and mid and final year reviews.
- Define, manage and monitor processes and procedures in keeping with the requirements of internal customers and management.
- Participate in budget setting and manage against approved budgets.
- Establish daily metrics and drive internal improvement from the data collected. Escalate issues that are external to manufacturing cells. Very fast reaction required to deviations.
The successful candidate will have
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Windows based office tools – Excel, Word and Database
- Working knowledge of Baan and Theory of Constraints is an asset
- Previous experience in a Clean Room environment
- Graduate Electronic Engineering Technologist/Technician or Operational Management Program
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience preferably in an electronic manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership capabilities
Please quote file number DDIMS0218 and include references with your resume.