Technical Specialist - 12 Month Contract
Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
As part of our continuing growth in this high technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for a Technical Specialist for a 12 month contract.
Our Teledyne DALSA Space & Defense Imaging group is seeking an enthusiastic individual for a Technical Specialist role. The overall objective of this role is to provide technical support for the assembly, design, test, characterization and documentation of new products.
- Work with Design Engineering teams to define the test strategies for new product developments
- Define, implement and validate test automation for new products
- Assemble, debug, support and use test systems to evaluate sub systems or products
- Assemble sub systems or products for the purpose of evaluation and test
- Support Design Engineering in analyzing test results, identifying failure modes, and assessing product compliance to specifications.
- Prepare documentation of test plans, test systems and test results.
- Have the ability to enhance current test capability by improving functionality, reliability and efficiency of existing test equipment and by introducing or developing new equipment or software to meet the needs of product test requirements
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, possess strong technical problem solving skills and embrace challenge.
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering or equivalent from an accredited University, with 2 years of work experience, or a Technical Diploma with at least 4 years of Technical Specialist work experience
- Proficiency in use of common laboratory tools including oscilloscopes, probes, DVMs
- Knowledge of different components used in electronic design
- Proficiency in programming with MATLAB/Python/ Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in validation and use of test systems
- Experience in the area of software development for test systems
The following experience/knowledge are assets that would help you to win this position:
- Experience with imaging technology
- Experience developing test using National Instruments software (LabVIEW, TestStand, LabWindows CVI)
Teledyne DALSA requires clearance through the Controlled Goods Program to be obtained for this role.
Please quote file number DDITS0518 and include references with your resume.