Senior Business Analyst
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Do you have a passion for process improvement, technology and automation?
Are you looking for a career that provides countless opportunities?
Do you want to be challenged daily while having a positive impact on multiple teams at Manulife?
If yes, the Senior Business Analyst position might be the right fit for you!
The ideal candidate is passionate about automation and transforming process through the utilization of technology, process improvement and associated techniques. Actively contributing as part of a highly engaged team, the candidate will identify, analyze and implement Continuous Improvement and Automation initiatives that increase operational efficiency of processes within Group Benefits Customer Experience Operations. This role will be accountable for overall project delivery start to finish, including ideation, requirements gathering, solution design, testing, implementation and change management realization. Their leadership, execution, influencing and facilitation skills will be key to delivering results. The Senior Business Analyst will both oversee projects and be a primary contributor who is willing to get involved in any capacity required to ensure the success of the project. This position requires a self-starter with in-depth experience delivering projects, previous experience with automation technologies and a general understanding of the Group Benefits business.
- Effectively plan and execute discovery sessions to collect necessary information from different levels in an organization, create current state process models from information culled in process discovery sessions
- Work with the business to identify automation opportunities, by analyzing new processes and assessing feasibility
- Analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required
- Designing, Developing & configuring automation process solutions
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of automation processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required
- Working in a project environment, communicating any identified risks and issues while providing inputs to the change control process
- Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases
- Supporting the Operational Teams and completing testing during the UAT and rollout phases
- Provide Implementation Project Management and/or Support. Where required Project lead components of projects, directing and coordinating project staff and activities, including Business User Acceptance Testing.
- Support the development of change plan and communication plan
- Mobilize stakeholders to ensure they understand and have the capabilities necessary to make required process changes
- Assumes role of a mentor, teacher and advisor, responsible for developing more junior staff
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a Process Design Analyst, Business Analyst, Consultant or Project Lead
- Post-secondary education or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent interviewing, influencing, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Analytical skills to visualize, articulate, and solve problems and concepts
- Ability to take a creative approach to problem solving and question traditional assumptions
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to estimate tasks well
- Good planning and communication skills, written and verbal, to communicate with the stakeholders, business partners and team members
- Knowledge of Business Process Mapping and Notation
- Strong Project Lead / Management skills and PMBOK knowledge is preferred
- Strong understanding and experience in Lean and Six Sigma is preferred (Green-belt or Black-belt is desired)
- MS Visio along with strong MS Excel/Access skills
- Ability to understand business requirements & develop appropriate automation solutions
- Experience in an Agile Development model - utilizing Scrum meetings (JIRA)
- Knowledge of Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, ProcessRobot or other robotic automation software (desirable)
- Focus on the big picture while being detail-oriented
- Multi-tasking capabilities to manage multiple competing tasks and priorities
- Willing to take accountability and full ownership of the tasks assigned and actively seeks tasks that’s have been missed
- Inquisitive; questions traditional practices and assumptions
- Creative and innovative thinker to propose and/or implement new solutions
- Risk detector
- Analytical, diagnostic problem-solver
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Influential and ethical negotiator with a win-win solution mentality
Are you ready to be a part of a dynamic organization? Contact us about this challenging and exciting opportunity at Manulife!
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had about 35,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of March 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$850 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.9 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.