Technical Applications Specialist
The Technical Applications Specialist will be a technical expert on all products within NDI’s portfolio. Using that expertise, they will play a key role assisting Account Managers to move customers through the sales cycle by consulting with end customers on their applications and requirements, recommending technology and solutions, performing demonstrations, and in general being a trusted industry expert.
About the Role:
As the Technical Applications Specialist, you will be a technical expert on all products within NDI’s portfolio. Using that expertise, you will play a key role assisting Account Managers to move customers through the sales cycle by consulting with end customers on their applications and requirements, recommending technology and solutions, performing demonstrations, and in general being a trusted industry expert.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Understand and refine customer’s technical requirements, perform project feasibility studies, and recommend technology and solutions that will solve the customer’s unique problems.
- Prepare and present demonstrations and technical presentations on these solutions, identifying NDI’s value proposition over competitive products.
- Work with Marketing staff, internal experts, and end customers to create data sheets, white papers, videos, webinars, trade show demonstrations, and technical presentations based on NDI products and unique customer applications
- Attend and present at tradeshows and conferences
- Investigate ways NDI products can be applied in new markets and applications
- Develop and deliver training programs for Customers, Distributors, OEMs, and internal resources
- Provide guidance to Product Management for future product developments by having a clear understanding of common customer requirements, industry trends, and competitive technologies
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent
- 5+ years industry experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with and programming Industrial Robots & Automation systems
- Industry experience in measurement, tracking, guidance, or quality inspection systems is considered an asset
- Familiarity with Polyworks or other 3D inspection software is considered an asset
- Knowledge of automotive or aerospace manufacturing practices is considered an asset
- Knowledge of GD&T is considered an asset
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Aptitude for technology
- Proven ability to problem solve
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Commercially aware
- Willingness to travel globally
- Computer programming experience is an asset
- Multiple spoken and written languages are an asset
How to Apply
It all starts with your online application. Please upload your resume and cover letter (optional) as a Word or PDF file. If you require any assistance during the application process, please contact us at: email@example.com