- Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Do you wish you could transform the world through innovative hardware and software development? Does pushing the boundaries of the art-of-the-possible in digital cinema, laser illumination, digital visualization environments and projection mapping applications excite you?
Christie is experiencing tremendous growth in all of our software development areas as we create solutions that allow our customers to conceive of, and effortlessly deliver, spectacular audio visual experiences. We are embarking on major new developments centered on our world leading RGB laser based projection and LED display technologies.
We need a passionate and talented developer like you to help us deliver robust, reliable software that is the backbone of these experiences. Be part of the team that will drive the development of new technologies that will break the bounds of current display resolution, contrast and colorimetry performance.
Christie is currently seeking a full time Engineering Systems Analyst who will provide technical support to product development & software quality assurance teams by specifying and documenting functional and end-user requirements for Christie’s new product development of digital projection and display technologies.
In this role you will be responsible for a wide spectrum of work, from consulting with product and program management on electronics platform requirements, preparing documentation and presentations, to assisting engineering with improving process. This is a new role within Engineering and you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and help shape the direction of this role within a company that values hard work and ambition.
A successful candidate will bring general knowledge of systems requirements analysis, design and traceability methods and processes in demonstrated professional experience. The candidate must be organized and possess excellent verbal communication and authoring/editing skills. The candidate must be comfortable eliciting information from experts, have an innate curiosity about how things work, and have the ability to make complex ideas easy to understand.
Your role at Christie:
- Conduct interviews, meetings, surveys, requirements workshops with Product Managers to gather the desired functions and features for the electronics platform requirements
- Analyze, formulate, and document clear, detailed user requirements and customer use cases to convey the information to the teams responsible for system design, development and systems test and validation
- Be knowledgeable about our hardware & software features and capabilities and how they are used in the products in order to create real-world User Acceptance Test (UAT) criteria
- Present requirements to the product development and SWQA staff and act as liaison with product management to convey the electronics platform requirements
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor/College degree in a business, engineering, sciences, technical writing, English or related field
- 5 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, specifying and documenting functional and end-user requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate requirements verbally and in formal reports with higher authorities (e.g., Product Management, Program Management) and technical team members
- Experience working with the Windows operating environment, and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Visio)
- Ability to
- Work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Work independently and interface professionally with other development teams and managers
- Work with others to meet established goals and program schedules
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- 5 years working as a business analyst within product development teams
- Experience in software development including roles in any or all of product development, quality assurance, or implementation consulting preferred
- Familiarity with Perforce Helix, Confluence, Jira or equivalent RM tool
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening. Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.