Artificial Intelligence (AI) Software Developer
- Aeryon Labs Inc.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
AI Software Developer
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
We are looking to hire an experienced candidate to work on artificial intelligence and machine learning applications and capabilities for our UAVs and our SaaS platform. In our quest to make gathering the right data with our aircraft as easy as possible to use, we are looking to build capabilities that will help the pilot in their mission, or even do the mission for the pilot. Having AI capabilities on the drone is key to this. Also, having AI capabilities on our SaaS platform will allow us to sift through large amounts of data automatically - showing end users only what matters to them.
As an AI Developer, you will be building AI technology that will be used by both the aircraft and SaaS platform to provide the capabilities mentioned above. You will work closely with the other software teams in the department, and with the product managers to ensure capabilities and technology you build will be used to their full potential.
**We are currently recruiting for MULTIPLES of this exciting role, to build up the AI team for all skill levels of Junior, Intermediate and Senior!**
To carry out this work, you will need solid expertise in the following areas:
- Linear algebra, optimization, filters, real time image processing, embedded programming, numerical methods and understanding of classical computer vision
- Developing and training deep neural networks for classification, detection and image segmentation
- One or more of the following deep learning frameworks: Caffe, Tensorflow, or Torch, and understanding of convolutional neural networks (CNN).
As part of the Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision team you will:
- Develop frameworks needed to train neural nets - these can include anything needed to support data curation, model training, and automated testing
- Build new neural nets that can run in real time on the aircraft and can run in a SaaS environment
- Assist other software teams with integration and productization of neural nets you developed
- Work with data curator to ensure the data sets needed for training the neural net are in place
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing. You are motivated by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. You want to work with like-minded people and enjoy being part of the team. You are a seasoned engineer and have a passion for computer vision and computer learning. You want to be in an environment where continuous learning is not only encouraged – but also expected. You are passionate about quality – but more importantly the customer experience and ensuring this is the best it can be.
What You Bring
- MS / PhD specializing in Computer Vision or Bachelors with equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience as an AI developer, Data Scientist or similar role
- Proven track record of taking neural net models from concept to production
- Experience with two or more of the following: C, C++, Python
- Knowledge in machine learning and deep learning libraries such as keras, tensorflow, sklearn, Caffe, OpenCV, TensorRT
- Experience with two or more mathematical libraries and frameworks like Octave, Matlab, OpenCV, and Eigen
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email careers @aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726.