Web Applications Test Engineer
Web Applications Test Engineer
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for reliability and performance. We enable professional users to collect high quality aerial images and data in demanding applications.
The team at Aeryon Labs is passionate about building solutions that help people do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently – and equally passionate about the people who enable us to be successful. We offer careers that allow you to collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry, exceed your expectations and be at the forefront of a fast-moving, growing industry.
All roles at Aeryon require great teamwork, and a passion for getting things done, the right way. We work smart and hard by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. In this role, we are looking for a Web Applications Test Engineer who likes a challenge and someone who will challenge us. We want you to strengthen the team by helping create applications that enable other people to do their jobs faster, safer and more effectively.
As the Web Applications Test Engineer you will:
- Draft in-depth test plans based on requirements specifications and discussions with product stakeholders and engineers
- Execute test plans and maintain a record of test results that show improvements/regressions over time and verify release readiness
- File actionable bug reports for the engineering team based on test outcomes
- Design, automation, and execution of web-based user interface tests (Selenium, Zombie.js, Capybara, or similar)
- Design, automation, and execution of RESTful web service load tests (Gatling, The Grinder, Tsung, or similar)
Your commitment to customers is unwavering. You are passionate about the products you work with and share that with customers in every interaction. You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing, meaning you are hands on and thinking at the same time “Think, then do”. You are comfortable working with cross functional teams and supporting your colleagues to help everyone get things done right. You thrive on challenge and learning but most of all, you want to be a part of something and see the results of you and your colleagues work.
What You Bring
- Experience testing and scaling modern web applications
- Some experience with Amazon AWS, Jenkins, Loggly, DataDog, is ideal but not necessary
- Programming/scripting experience is ideal but not necessary
- Experience with scaling and optimizing sites
- Exposure to Java, SQL, Docker, Hadoop, Apache Kafka, and video streaming technologies would be an asset
- Experience testing web applications that use multiple browsers (Desktop, Mobile, IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc)
- Able to represent both customer and engineering interests
- Very fine attention to details with the ability to think outside-of-the-box
- Ability to learn quickly and work as a part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of JIRA is an asset
- A valid “G” Class license is required as this role will test/fly the product outdoors in all weather!
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please email careers at aeryon.comor call (519) 489-6726