We are looking for a strong verbal and written communicator to expand our content marketing initiatives at Smile. We are continually evolving our content creation strategy and need you to get our merchants excited, educate the world about rewards, and establish Smile as the leading expert in creating rewarding experiences.
As a content marketer you will help turn our company narrative into insightful content that demonstrates our expertise, you will build customer communications, and be responsible for making sure the entire team has the content needed to achieve our goals.
If you are looking for a challenge and want to help shape the future of one of KW’s fastest growing companies, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Educate our existing merchants on how to effectively use a rewards program
- Secure strategic publications
- Establish and maintain Smile’s thought leadership
- Build social following and engagement
- Find ways to generate sales leads through content
- Traffic generation
- Writing for the Smile blog
- Social engagement with our merchants
- Guest blogging/contributing
- Creation of internal sales materials
- Creation of materials for the Success team
- Email copy and strategy
- Coordinating content needs across the organization
- Exploring new content mediums (audio or video)
- Passion for writing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong eye for detail (which you should mention in your cover letter)
- Demonstrated content writing skills (link to or attach your work)
- Team player/adaptability
- A love for sharing new and creative ideas
Nice to haves:
- Experience with HubSpot
- Experience marketing SaaS products
- Experience with Sketch or Photoshop
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
Smile.io creates beautiful, rewarding experiences. We are a product company first, engineering powerful, simple to use tools that enable global entrepreneurs to scale the businesses they are passionate about. Our focus is on merchants and their customers, delighting users with simple tools to make their shopping experiences wonderful.
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Curiosity - what can we learn today? We ask why a LOT, digging in to understand root causes so we know we’re solving the right problems.
- Feedback - nobody succeeds alone. We ask for feedback on everything we do; we give feedback even when we’re not asked for it. Together we become better.
- Success - We’re Here to Win. We need a high performing team to build a strong business. We’ll support each other in times of need and we’ll focus on the end goal & push hard for high performance in every area of the business.
- Setting Impossible Goals - we shoot for the moon & use here-to-there planning to get there.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.