Manufacturing Test and NPI Developer
Reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering, the candidate will work as part of a small development team and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment. The incumbent will assume responsibility and ownership for the design and development of custom production fixtures, test software programs, process development, database access and continuous improvement of manufacturing methods that ensure product functionality, traceability, and delivery.
What You’ll be doing:
- Manufacturing Test Software design, implementation, and verification.
- Electro-mechanical Fixture design and development.
- Co-ordination, management, and execution of NPI Activities within a project group
- Write and execution of manufacturing design specification documents and test plans
- Provide technical assistance both high-level and demonstration level to support representatives and application users
- Demonstrate leadership in manufacturing by providing outstanding support both internally and externally to resolve issues and provide innovative, effective, and timely solutions for New Product Introductions and sustaining manufacturing issues.
- Contribution in DFx reviews including, but not limited to, design for cost, design for test, design for manufacturability, design for assembly, at key points through the product development to ensure commercial viability of a product.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent);
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience;
- Ability to read, understand and modify schematics
- Programming experience in Python and LabVIEW / TestStand environments
- A strong understanding of RF manufacturing implementations
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills in a hands-on environment
- Good personal organization as well as written and oral communication skills
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Programming experience in Embedded and User-interfacing systems
- Proficient in C/C++ and/or Java programming languages
- System design and development including, device driver and communication protocols;
- Experience in an ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on manufacturing approach
- Ability to read, interpret and create product specifications, schematics, and mechanical drawings.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices, and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, CFR 820 as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
- Exciting and challenging work based on cool technology
- Stable company that genuinely respects the life-work balance
- Generous employer-paid benefits package
- Casual work environment
- Company-wide bonus program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year
- Holiday shut-down
- Free onsite parking
- Growing global company with offices in Waterloo, Vermont, Germany, and Hong Kong
- Close to GRT and ION stops
- Located just off the Conestoga Expressway, close to Conestoga Mall, the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market, and other retail amenities
How to Apply
It all starts with your online application. Please upload your resume and cover letter (optional) as a Word or PDF file. If you require any assistance during the application process, please contact us at: email@example.com