- NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Department: ICT & Security
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Reports to: Manager, IT
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is currently seeking a System Administrator. This position will report to the IT Manager, currently located in the Waterloo Office. This individual is expected to provide technical expertise and maintain the overall operation of computer systems and networks, thus supporting all internal clients within the organization. Adherence to the NAVBLUE Information Security policy and procedures is an integral part of this role.
The successful candidate must be passionate about quality and committed to good processes and best practices. The System Administrator needs to be client-centric and service oriented. Being able to anticipate the needs of clients with a focus on satisfaction is key. You are self-motivated, enthusiastic about rolling-up your sleeves to do what is needed to get results, thrive on learning, enjoy collaborating with colleagues to help deliver results yet capable of working effectively with minimal direction, and expect that hard work is required to achieve great things. The ability to effectively solve problems and come up with innovative solutions is essential to being successful in this role.
- Desktop support in a Windows environment.
- Installation, maintenance and support of hardware and software
- Provide administration to Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and forward
- Participate in the rollout of commercial Cloud services
- Share the responsibility for configuring new network HW as required. Such as, Switches (Dell and Cisco), Firewalls (Palo Alto and Fortinet) and Fortinet load balancers
- VMware administration – work with IT colleagues in managing a multi office/data center VMware ecosystem with many hosts and hundreds of VM’s
- Third-party vendor support.
- Research, recommend and deploy improvements to existing IT infrastructure as required.
- Provide user-support to resolve technical issues including proactive measures to increase efficiencies and productivity levels.
- Maintain documentation at a level that meets the requirements of ISO 9002 and ISO 27001/2
- Participate in an "on-call" rotation along with members of the IT team
- Co-ordinate support activities with other NAVBLUE offices as required
- Evolve best practices
- Evolve architecture to leverage current and future HW acquisitions while providing enterprise levels of up time
- Successful completion of College degree in an IT Administration program or equivalent.
- English proficiency in a technical environment
- MCSE, MCP preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an IT support environment;
- Network administration experience, including troubleshooting.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012 R2 in a multi-domain Active Directory environment
- Linux administration experience, including common applications (LAMP) is an asset.
- Experience deploying and administering Office 365
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills in a fast-paced setting.
- Must be reliable, responsible and a self-starter.
- Must work effectively with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Powershell, Perl, Bash, etc.) an asset
- Previous experience with monitoring tools an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize effectively.
- Software troubleshooting & hardware troubleshooting experience
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in applying are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, serving more than 350 airlines and aviation services customers. NAVBLUE’s product suite includes aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. Many of NAVBLUE’s products can be configured as part of an Electronic Flight Bag solution offered on handheld tablet devices, including take-off data calculation, weight and balance, and aeronautical charts. These products, supported by NAVBLUE’s AS9100 and ISO: 9001 certifications, directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Located in the University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite in the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. We also enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive group benefits plan & RRSP match
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our customers. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve processes and technologies.