- NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company
- Job Function
- Customer Service and Technical Support
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Technical Support Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Client Services
Location: Waterloo Office
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
NAVBLUE, is currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist in our Client Services department. The role provides responsive 2nd Tier Technical Support to customers in solving product functionality problems in a 24 x 7 environment.
The ideal candidate is effective at troubleshooting and problem solving in a technical environment, is proactive, and service oriented with a strong customer service background. You also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and thrive when working either independently, or as part of a team. We are looking for someone who possesses strong technical abilities, and strives to proactively enhance their skills. At NAVBLUE, Specialists are expected to work collaboratively with their peers in all aspects of their activities, and may also be involved in creating support documentation. The Specialist works under moderate supervision but is expected to self-manage at a level required by their team lead.
- Respond to customer telephone and email queries; guide customer through necessary steps to resolution of issues
- Investigate and resolve hardware and software incidents; determine likely cause, recommend corrective action, and if appropriate, implement corrective action, and edit or amend existing procedural and diagnostic documentation.
- Resolve, forward, or escalate customer issues as required
- Review urgent incidents with Tier 3 support staff to ensure appropriate steps are taken to resolve situation in a timely manner
- Keep customers informed of problem resolutions
- Maintain incident status and resolution records
- Interface with Software Development and Quality Assurance teams on reliability and maintenance matters
- Monitor systems and resolve issues pro-actively
- Provide PC and network support and administration to internal user base
- Install tested upgrades on customer and production environments
- Support IT and Installation Management as required
- Other Technical Support related tasks as assigned
- Must be able to work rotating 12-hour shifts (weekends included)
- Proficiency with operation and support MS Windows OS
- Working knowledge of Linux OS
- Service oriented and solution driven with strong problem investigation skills
- Working experience in a team support environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of web-based solutions
- Experience with TCP/IP, addressing, and routing as well as communication protocols
- Experience with shell scripting, databases, remote desktop solutions, printer configurations, and Cisco products is a definite asset
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or technology (or equivalent)
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE is the new generation of digital, user-friendly Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management solutions. Powered by Airbus’ pioneer spirit and infused with NAVBLUE’s agility, it combines the best of both worlds.
A leading global provider of flight operations solutions serving more than 400 airlines and aviation service companies across all platforms, NAVBLUE has a proven track record in product innovation. With access to Airbus’ resources and data, NAVBLUE provides its customers with the best solutions based on the best data, fully supporting them in their digital transformation.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus and is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France) and Waterloo, ON (Canada), with offices around the world.