Principal Software Architect
Our client, one of the largest communications companies in the world has a rare opening for an exceptional Software Architect to join their Advanced Technology (R&D) team to help develop next generation technologies.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing plans that the development teams can use to help guide their work
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts
- Preparing portal documentation (site architectures, wire frames, use cases and task flows, etc.) to be used by the development team
- Ensuring documentation is continuously updated and distributed to the production team
- Providing guidance, leadership and support to other information architects and to project teams at large
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed
- Research new software or design concepts
- Reviewing research on competitive web sites, existing web initiatives, past web projects, and consumer research
- Synthesize research findings to aid the project team developing the web site architecture
- Collaborating with / facilitating project team members and clients to develop organizational / structural concepts for web site projects
- Translating these concepts into effective information architectures
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users
Your skills and previous experience include:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field;
- 5-8 years of professional experience working as a senior/lead engineer or working as a software Architect;
- Proven background with the AWS technology platform as an architect and designer of n-tier, component based and service oriented enterprise applications;
- Proven experience developing a multitude of modern MV*/MVC frameworks and libraries like Angular and any server-side technology;
- Working experience with JAVA 8/J2EE (JSP, Servlets, JAX-RS, Jersey, JMS)
- Create back-end code using NodeJS, PHP, Ruby, etc.
- Convert UX requirements into high quality HTML/JS/CSS;
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Excellent large-scale design principles and implementation skills with broad and deep experience in algorithms, service bus and multi-threaded programming;
- Software Engineering discipline and an unfailing commitment to high quality;
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment with a test driven approach;
- Expertise in developing Multi-Page Applications using techniques, including front-end routing, client-side templating, consuming JSON-based RESTful APIs using AngularJS;
- Design and implementation of robust client-side solutions with AJAX and/or JSON;
- Strong competency in responsive, mobile-friendly layouts leveraging CSS and media queries;
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Experience with database development including relational database design, MS SQL and ORM technologies such as Hibernate Framework
Compensation is competitive including strong base, bonus, paid education, pension and flex time.
Exceptional candidates interested in exploring this rare opportunity with a market leader who fosters an environment of autonomy, creativity and excellence are invited to start the discussion in confidence by forwarding a resume to: