Web Application Developer
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 16th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
Building on years of steady success with a growing global client base, we are implementing an ambitious new sales and marketing strategy; it is the key driver of our company-wide strategic reorganization and focus.
We are seeking talented, energetic and passionate individuals who want to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Who You Are
You are a highly-skilled and innovative web stack developer who is looking to join a creative, growing team. You are eager to tackle projects of any size, and to learn and teach new things every day. You are ready to make direct and substantial contributions to our product. You believe that making software demands craftsmanship. You are a good communicator with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
You have experience working at all levels of the stack, though you may feel more at home at one level or another. Someone who deeply understands that it requires a whole team to develop a product from an idea through to usable software.
Why This Role Matters
To our users the software they use is the lifeblood of their company. It is the foundation of their scheduling, their workflows, the processes, the basics of every interaction with their clients. By providing secure, elegant, intuitive and easy to use products you are providing much more than just a tool to our users. What you are creating is an experience that lets them do what they need to as effortlessly as possible.
When that happens, they can devote their efforts to reaching and serving more people. You are providing that critical difference that allows our users to have those life changing moments for their clients.
- Develop new and iterate on existing features
- Build reusable testable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure appropriate security, access and data validation
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Make adjustments to design resources that allow for proper implementation
- Post-secondary degree or advanced diploma
- At least 3 years programming experience, including experience working on large enterprise level products
- Understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
- Very proficient with relational databases, PostgreSQL in particular
- Strong proficiency in Java with large project Java experience
- Comfortable configuring and managing Java servlet engines (like Resin, Tomcat, Jetty, etc.)
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.