FPGA Design Engineer
AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) displays are a new cutting-edge display technology, used in a variety of applications from mobile phones to UHD TV. They offer superior image quality to AMLCD, lower power consumption, more vibrant colours, and lower manufacturing costs.
Established in 2000, IGNIS Innovation Inc. has become the leading independent supplier of technology for AMOLED displays. We develop the technology that makes AMOLED displays last longer, look better, and cost less. Spun off from the University of Waterloo, and based on more than 10 years of R&D, IGNIS has over 151 patents granted. IGNIS has strong relationships in Asia with leading display manufacturers who are introducing OLEDs into the global marketplace.
IGNIS unique approach to improving the image quality of the emissive displays is based on compensation algorithm for nonuniformity and image sticking have been recognized across the industry for offering unparalleled performance. Our continuous improvements and integration of these algorithms have resulted in world-class patents and publications. We are looking for people with a wild imagination that can link the phenomenal across a multi-technology platform and come up with unique and practical solutions.
Reporting to the Senior FPGA Engineer, the FPGA Design Engineer will work with other members of the multidisciplinary electronics group to learn the basics of AMOLED displays, IGNIS's proprietary technology, as well as the hardware and the software platforms. This involves the transformation of high-level requirements into functional specifications and implementing them in the FPGA.
- Evaluation features on hardware and debugs using lab equipment.
- Understand the operation and contribute to the design of display systems.
- Coordinate design efforts with software and hardware engineers to develop solutions.
- Document designs and processes relating to the development cycle.
- Develop and maintain FPGA code for display prototypes and test systems.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups within IGNIS.
- Identify and recommends improvements and enhancements to processes and technology for both new and existing projects.
- Knowledge of VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog for design and verification.
- FPGA synthesis flow, system verification, and validation.
- Image Processing experience.
- Basic UVM knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of hardware/PCB design.
- Basic knowledge of embedded software.
- Capable of operating in fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to see the big picture.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5+ years of FPGA Design experience.