Software Developer - Innovation Team
Our innovation team focuses on building new products and technical prototypes from proof of concept through to MVP, sales demos and integrations to our partner ecosystem. We’re a small but growing team with a focus on being agile and fast paced. We use a variety of tools and platforms across the entire stack from backend through to mobile applications and across multiple cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with full stack development experience on a variety of platforms. Working with product management and the innovation development team, you will be responsible for planning, architecting and implementing products, features and integrations.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Build proof of concept products and technology implementations from ideation to design to implementation
- Work on all aspects of the product, including design, client and server development
- Build and maintain the demo product(s) used by sales and customer success
- Identify opportunities for automation and build new tools to simplify the process of creating a demo tailored to specific verticals
- Build and maintain product integrations into our partner ecosystems
- Continuously improve the product to further highlight the value of the Tulip platform
- Stay up to date with the sales strategy and identify solutions to address upcoming challenges
What you'll need:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with common web technologies, such as: PHP, MySQL, nginx, redis, Golang, React, Angular, etc.
- Experience with mobile application development on Apple or Android platforms
- A deep familiarity building or integrating with RESTful APIs
- Able to relate complex technical concepts to impact on business processes
- Proven ability in communicating with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Bonus skills!
- Experience with retail software such as eCommerce Platforms (ECP), Order Management Systems (OMS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), ERP’s, etc.
- Experience working on cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- History of contributing to open source projects
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener