Senior Test Engineer
Who we are searching for:
Senior Test Engineers will be responsible for leading manual testing and writing scripts to automate testing of code developed by their Agile team. Senior Test Engineers will be responsible for identifying weak spots and designing better, more creative ways to break software and identify potential problems.
Using their knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, mentor other team members, promote proper engineering practice, develop bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
Your role at IMS:
- Work with a supportive, cross-functional feature team to improve and enhance automated testing
- Plan, design, create, execute, and manage tests using automated methods and testing tools
- Mentor team members who are unfamiliar with testing best practices
- Participate in design reviews and code walk-through to ensure testability
- Generate creative solutions to complex testing problems
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging
Skills you bring to IMS
- A genuine interest in testing, career advancement, and improving personal knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience creating automated test frameworks
- Experienced in automated test planning, design and execution methods
- Ability to generate automated tests using open source tools (eg. JMeter, JUnit, Selenium, XCTest, Espresso) or commercial tools
- Skilled in using scripting languages (eg. Python, Perl, Bash) to automate tasks where appropriate
- Solid understanding of testing principles and the software development lifecycle
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work both independently and drive change within a team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Strong analytical skills, an investigative attitude, and an open mind
Why join IMS?
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers committed to your personal and professional development
- Comprehensive health benefits and RRSP with no waiting period
- Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation, flexible work hours and paid time off to volunteer
- State of the art facility with free parking, nearby walking trails restaurants and summer outdoor markets.
- Comfortable employee lounge and game room on site
- Free daily snacks provided and free breakfast Wednesdays
- Paid day off for full-time employees in recognition of their birthday each year
- Optional summer hours (compressed work-week) during the months of July and August
- Multi-tiered Rewards and Recognition Program, including manager nominated and peer to peer awards
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Direct applications only – no recruitment agencies please.
At IMS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. IMS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.