Senior QA Analyst – Automation
Senior QA Analyst – Automation
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Req ID#: 12375BR
Responsible for developing software and system testing as part of the Automation team. Works closely with the Product Development team to analyze requirements and test cases to gather the information needed to automate scenarios and test cases and Automation Architect to research, modify and maintain the automated framework and coding standards. Collaborates with members of Development Operations to setup, create, and edit continuous integration jobs for automated testing. Also be responsible for executing automated test cases and performing maintenance on automated tests.
- Develop automated tests with industry-standard development software, testing tools, and frameworks (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Junit, Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Use industry-standard error handling techniques and reporting process to troubleshoot code and automated test results in the form of daily maintenance. (e.g. Extent Reports, Confluence, creation of dashboard of aggregated test results)
- Develop and implement automated tests using object-oriented design principles, design patterns, and refactoring techniques to create readable and maintainable code.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical people across various product development teams to advance automated testing coverage.
- Expand the coverage of automated testing by testing different layers other than the UI (e.g. database validations, directly testing Web Services or REST APIs either from code or with tools like SoapUI or RestAssured, etc.)
- Partner with your team and the Automation Architect to improve automation standards, process, patterns, and use of testing framework. Drive to integrate new libraries, concepts, and process to help expand automation capabilities.
- Maintain a healthy code environment, by utilizing industry-standard code management and version control software (e.g. Bitbucket, Git)
- Collaborate with DevOps to optimize automated tests, and create the required continuous integration testing jobs by using continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Gradel) for use by automation and our Product Development teams.
- Research and report problems or bugs discovered by automation to the Product Development teams.
- Regularly conduct code reviews and follow defined coding standards to ensure quality of automation deliverables.
- Demonstrate automation testing progress to product development stakeholders to show progress in test automation, and grow the value of automation to quality engineering.
- Help teach and grow Associate and Mid-Level Engineers about automation, our practices, and potentially help grow technical and non-technical Quality Engineers to write automated tests.
- Develop and integrate automated tests for validating Performance, Security, and Accessibility testing scenarios (e.g. JMeter, Loadrunner, etc.)
- Partner with your team and the Automation Architect to develop and maintain new automated test frameworks.
- Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
- Computer Science or related field
- 6 years of experience
- 6 year full cycle test automation development experience
- 10 years experience with quality assurance (can be a combination of work, internship and coursework)
- Ability to troubleshoot code and automated test results in the form of daily maintenance
- Experience using object-oriented design principles, design patterns, and refactoring techniques to create readable and maintainable code.
- Communication skills both written and verbal to technical and non-technical audiences in order to gather information, hold demos, report on bugs, report on test results, etc.
- Experience testing layers other than the UI (e.g. database validations, directly testing Web Services or REST APIs either from code or with tools like SoapUI or RestAssured, etc.)
- Self-starter with ability and drive to integrate new libraries, concepts, and process to help expand automation capabilities.
- Experience with Jenkins as a continuous integration tool, or equivalent experience with similar CI tool.
- Knowledge of the Continuous Delivery Model where automated tests are running frequently from a Continuous Integration tool, and continuous feedback is being provided throughout the process from build package creation to deployment to upper and lower environments.
Background check required.
Deluxe Corporation and Deluxe companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with any part of the application or hiring process, please contact us at DeluxeCareers@deluxe.com
Department: Product Development
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Mid
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional