Software QA Performance Analyst
Software QA Performance Analyst
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Software QA
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Have you ever wondered about the technology used by airlines to put and keep their flights in the air? Are you curious about the tools that enable aviation personnel to operate safely and productively? Do you know what it takes for airlines to win in an increasingly competitive market?
We do. We’re passionate about aviation, and we’re on the leading edge of the industry building that technology for a growing global clientele.
Sound like fun? Then join us.
NAVBLUE, An Airbus Company, has an opening for a Software Quality Analyst to join our team, which bears responsibility for an array of aeronautical navigation software solutions.
We value outside-the-box thinking to merge high-confidence testing with fast-paced delivery of aviation software. A collaborative team player attitude is a must!
Duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed as listed below with very little or no assistance:
- Develop Software Performance Testing Framework from scratch.
- Establish, Maintain, Build and Provision Performance Test Environments to establish an acceptable performance baseline.
- Design Benchmarks, Methodology and Performance Analysis tools to be adopted.
- Initiate, Design, Plan, Scope, Schedule and Implement Performance Testing.
- Identify Performance Requirements, Measure and Generate Performance KPIs.
- Develop Performance Test Strategy and Test Plan.
- Execution of Capacity, Load, Stress, Response Time and other types of performance tests.
- Build and maintain performance testing scripts for multiple protocols (Web, APIs, GUI, etc.) using LoadRunner and JMeter
- Analyze and monitor release performance trends and recommend improvements.
- Analyze system behavior, isolate bottlenecks, investigate and troubleshoot performance and capacity problems in the performance testing environments.
- Research new ways of performance testing and recommend system configuration and tuning improvements based on observations.
- Identify opportunities of performance optimization and improvements.
- Analyze Test Results and Data, identifying performance issues, logging them as defects and manage defects.
- Identify Performance KPIs, Measure and Report monthly on Key Performance Metrics
- Degree in Mathematics or Computer science or related experience
- 3+ years of experience with developing automated performance scripts using HTTP/HTTPS protocols.
- 2+ years of experience on analyzing and identifying software performance bottlenecks
- 3-5 years of experience in Performance Testing using JMeter.
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Performance/Lead using LoadRunner.
- 2+ years of experience using Maven, Junit, JASON, TestRail, JIRA, Jenkin, SVN, Git, GitLib, GitHub, SQL Queries.
- Knowledge of Algorithm Design, Statistics an asset
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in applying are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, serving more than 350 airlines and aviation services customers. NAVBLUE’s product suite includes aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. Many of NAVBLUE’s products can be configured as part of an Electronic Flight Bag solution offered on handheld tablet devices, including take-off data calculation, weight and balance, and aeronautical charts. These products, supported by NAVBLUE’s AS9100 and ISO: 9001 certifications, directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Located in the University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite in the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. We also enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive group benefits plan & RRSP match
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our customers. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve processes and technologies.