Build and Software Configuration Specialist
Build and Software Configuration Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Waterloo Office
Have you ever wondered about the technology used by airlines to put and keep their flights in the air? Are you curious about the tools that enable aviation personnel to operate safely and productively? Do you know what it takes for airlines to win in an increasingly competitive market?
We do. We’re passionate about aviation, and we’re on the leading edge of the industry building that technology for a growing global clientele.
Sound like fun? Then join us.
We have an opening for a Build & Software Configuration Specialist to help us realize the full potential of our flight operations software solutions. The Build & Software Configuration Specialist is expected to provide responsive support and coordination of activities related to packaging and configuration of NAVBLUE’s software. In this role, our Build & Software Configuration Specialist drives our existing continuous integration process and enhances the efficiency of our development, testing and product release processes. To be successful in this position you must be driven by a love and curiosity for technologies especially as the relate to software delivery. The individual must be effective as an independent contributor as well as a key member of a collaborative environment.
- Implement and maintain a growing build, delivery & test infrastructure for multi-platform application development which includes Windows, Linux, Mac, and mobile devices.
- Speed delivery of software by leveraging automation tools for the configuration, build & deployment of products.
- Enable development and quality to control the release of software through the use of build and deployment automation.
- Support development and quality teams in their use of shared services and tools such as version control, issue trackers and code review tools.
- Support a continuous-integration development environment and regulated deployments to all environments.
- Collaborate with teams across the product lines to provide new tools and services when required.
- Post secondary degree/diploma in software development/software engineering/computer programming OR 3-5 years of similar work experience.
- Previous experience with package management or configuration management is an asset
- Experience building products in UNIX/Linux, Windows Operating Systems, Mac OS10, iOS
- Experienced with Jenkins or Hudson
- Strong knowledge of SVN and/or Git
- Basic knowledge of rpm and yum repository management
- Knowledgeable in delivery mechanisms and package management in Windows
- Must work effectively and responsibly with others in a team environment
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with many releases
- Quick learner that can leverage new tools, languages, platforms
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, serving more than 350 airlines and aviation services customers. NAVBLUE’s product suite includes aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. Many of NAVBLUE’s products can be configured as part of an Electronic Flight Bag solution, including take-off data calculation, weight and balance, and aeronautical charts. These products, supported by NAVBLUE’s AS9100 and ISO: 9001 certification, directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE’s customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Located in the University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite in the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. We also enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive group benefits plan & RRSP match
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our customers. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve processes and technologies.