Software Quality Assurance - Aircraft Performance (Automation)
Aircraft Performance Software Quality Analyst
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Software QA
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Have you ever wondered about the technology used by airlines to put and keep their flights in the air? Are you curious about the tools that enable aviation personnel to operate safely and productively? Do you know what it takes for airlines to win in an increasingly competitive market?
We do. We’re passionate about aviation, and we’re on the leading edge of the industry building that technology for a growing global clientele.
Sound like fun? Then join us.
NAVBLUE, An Airbus Company, has an opening for a Software Quality Analyst to join our team, which bears responsibility for an array of aeronautical navigation software solutions. These tools cover a wide range of functions from data processing and map generations, to administration and delivery functions—all of which require rigorous test protocols in order to be certified by the regulatory bodies for use in aviation data processing. The SQA department at NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, is responsible for validation and verification of many flight critical, aviation-based product lines.
Responsibilities include developing Test Plan for calculating Aircraft Take-Off, Landing, SCAP update and validation of safe procedures in case of an engine failure at take-off.
We value outside-the-box thinking to merge high-confidence testing with fast-paced delivery of aviation software. A collaborative team player attitude is a must!
Duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed as listed below with very little or no assistance:
- Develop Test Plan and Test Cases for Aircraft Performance calculation & measurement.
- Develop and Execute Test plan to ensure safety of flight activities during Take-Off, Landing.
- Develop and Execute Test Plan to validate safe procedures in case of an engine failure at take-off.
- Develop and Execute Test Plan to calculate parameters of SCAP update
- Develop and Execute Test Plan for Aircraft performance data for the FMS and Flight Manuals
- Convert Software Functional Requirements to Manual Scripted Test
- Work in collaboration with Development Teams to fully understand new product’s functionality to develop Manual Test Design.
- Execute Manual Test Cases and Test Scripts, Document Test Results and Track Defect through Defect Management Life Cycle and act on timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in the domain of Aircraft Performance/Flight Science/Flight Testing Environment
- Experience as commercial pilot is an asset
- 3+ years of experience with Manual and Automated Test Execution
- 3+ years of experience developing Manual Scripted Test Design from Requirements.
- 3+ years of experience on STLC (Software Test Life Cycle) and STDDC (Software Test Design Development Cycle)
- 3+ years of experience with defect tracking using JIRA/MKS/Bugzilla
- 3+ years of experience with Manual Test Design using Test Management Tools (Spira, ALM, HPQC, Zephyr etc)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to contribute in a highly collaborative cross-functional testing environment
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in applying are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, serving more than 350 airlines and aviation services customers. NAVBLUE’s product suite includes aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. Many of NAVBLUE’s products can be configured as part of an Electronic Flight Bag solution offered on handheld tablet devices, including take-off data calculation, weight and balance, and aeronautical charts. These products, supported by NAVBLUE’s AS9100 and ISO: 9001 certifications, directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Located in the University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite in the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. We also enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive group benefits plan & RRSP match
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our customers. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve processes and technologies.