Software Developer - iOS
Software Developer – Charts+
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Software Development
Location: Waterloo Office
NAVBLUE, An Airbus Company, has an opening for a Software Developer in our Charts+ team to help create the next generation of our product offering. The Charts+ suite of products provide our customers with the aeronautical navigation charts necessary for pilots to navigate in flight.
We are looking for someone who possesses strong technical abilities, and strives to proactively enhance their skills. At NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, Software Developers participate in the design, development, maintenance and support of new software and enhancements to existing software. Candidates at the senior developer level are also required to provide architectural input, and are responsible for the technical management of projects throughout the entire development cycle. The developer is expected to work collaboratively with their peers in all aspects of their activities, and may also be involved in determining the scope and details of assigned tasks. The developer works under moderate supervision but is expected to self-manage at a level required by their team lead.
- Develop software to meet or exceed specifications and company standards
- Maintain/Create documentation for applications, tools, or systems as required
- Communicate project/work status orally or written, as required
- Participate in team on-call rotation
- Participate in daily Scrum with team members
- Participate in design meetings
- Provide analysis and estimates for work required within areas of responsibility
- Review code committed by others as requested
- Senior Developers may be required to provide technical direction for solutions to projects within the product line
- Strong development background with a minimum 2+ years of experience (Coop Included)
- Proficient with Objective-C and/or Swift
- Strong Object-oriented design skills
- Relevant work experience with SQL; database design is an asset
- Must work effectively with others in a team environment
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- OpenGL is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, serving more than 350 airlines and aviation services customers. NAVBLUE’s product suite includes aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. Many of NAVBLUE’s products can be configured as part of an Electronic Flight Bag solution, including take-off data calculation, weight and balance, and aeronautical charts. These products, supported by NAVBLUE’s AS9100 and ISO: 9001 certification, directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE’s customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Located in the University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite in the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. We also enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive group benefits plan & RRSP match
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our customers. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve processes and technologies.