Intermediate Full Stack Software Developer
Intermediate Full Stack Software Developer – Content Delivery Suite
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Software Development
Location: Waterloo Office
Have you ever wondered about the technology used by airlines to put and keep their flights in the air? Are you curious about the tools that enable aviation personnel to operate safely and productively? Do you know what it takes for airlines to win in an increasingly competitive market?
We do. We’re passionate about aviation, and we’re on the leading edge of the industry building that technology for a growing global clientele.
Sound like fun? Then join us.
We have an opening for a Software Developer to help us realize the full potential of our Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) offering. The EFB is quickly becoming a key tool in increasingly sophisticated cockpits and dispatch offices, and our customers are looking for flexible and functional tools to keep pace.
NAVBLUE offers a series of applications that display aeronautical information to users, whether via web-enabled, desktop, or iPad applications. Our NCIM and NCDIS applications create, manage, deliver, and track content to these devices.
At NAVBLUE, software developers of all levels are responsible for the coding, maintenance, and support of their product, and are encouraged to aid in the design of new software or enhancements to existing software to meet product specifications. Assigned projects may be specified in varying levels of detail and complexity. The developer is expected to work collaboratively with their peers in all aspects of their activities, and may also be involved in determining the scope and details of assigned tasks depending on their abilities. The developer works under moderate supervision but is expected to self-manage at a level required by their team lead.
- Develop software to meet or exceed specifications and company standards
- Maintain/Create documentation for applications, tools, or systems as required
- Communicate project/work status orally, written, or other as required
- Participates in team on-call rotation
- Participate in daily Scrum with team members
- Participates in design meetings
- Provides analysis and estimates for work required within areas of responsibility
- Reviews code committed by others as requested
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience in web application development.
- Experience with web UI design
- Expert knowledge in HTML5, Angular2+, REST, AJAX, jQuery, JSON – ideally 3+ years’ experience using these technologies daily in an employment environment on a deployed project
- C#, .Net Core, - ideally 2+ years’ experience using these technologies daily in an employment environment on a deployed project
- Linux development
- MariaDB and/or MySQL
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Great communication skills, written and verbal
- Docker Containers and Microservices
- C++, Qt cross platform development.
- iOS development experience.
- Experience with highly availability systems (99.99% or more uptime)
- OpenID Connect, SAML2.0, OAuth2.0
- Httpd, IIS, Nginx
- Galera Cluster
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum five years of relevant working experience
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, serving more than 350 airlines and aviation services customers. NAVBLUE’s product suite includes aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. Many of NAVBLUE’s products can be configured as part of an Electronic Flight Bag solution, including take-off data calculation, weight and balance, and aeronautical charts. These products, supported by NAVBLUE’s AS9100 and ISO: 9001 certification, directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE’s customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Located in the University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite in the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. We also enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code
- Competitive group benefits plan & RRSP match
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our customers. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve processes and technologies.