Senior Product Manager – Corporate Learning
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Product Manager for Corporate Learning will be responsible for the success of their product features, from overall product alignment to specific product requirements through to delivery to the market and end of life. The selected candidate will have a strong background in software product management and be a cross-functional leader, strategic thinker, and active contributor with the proven ability to deliver high-quality software solutions to the market.
This role will be instrumental in conceiving, defining, planning and executing on a software solution strategy that directly contributes to our organization’s success in the Corporate Learning market.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for D2L’s corporate learning solutions within the Product Management organization.
- Be the product owner of Brightspace features related to learning in the workplace.
- Act as the ‘evangelist’ of your product features, internally and externally
- Represent the 'voice of our customers' to internal teams
- Develop plans for new products and features for D2L based on strategic priorities, industry experience, customer feedback, and marketplace research/trends/analytics.
- Own and define the full product lifecycle as a subject matter expert regarding assigned problems and their resulting solutions
- Manage the priority of features with stakeholders throughout the solution life cycle
- Groom and prioritize a team backlog in collaboration with others
- Work directly with Development Managers and other Product Managers, in order, to manage multi-project priorities and timelines
- Enable marketing on product value and features to facilitate promotional artifacts and lead-generation activities.
- Enable solutions engineers and account executives on product values and features to facilitate great demonstrations for prospects and customers.
- Collaborate with customers and prospects to better understand their challenges
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design to identify feasible solutions with appropriate scoping
- Create the necessary artifacts to communicate requirements, scope, solution proposals and project status effectively
- Manage the impact of scope change and priority with all stakeholders
- Authoring feature-level details that help solve customer problems in collaboration with development managers and teams
- Collaborate with Development and Design groups to define user stories that fulfill market requirements including detailed and accurate success criteria
- Participate and contribute to team rituals (Sprint Planning, Retros, Sprint Demos, Stand-ups)
- Collaborate with customers, Market Strategy, Product Management, Architecture, Design, Engineering, and Marketing teams throughout the product life cycle to ensure new solutions meet our business and market objectives
- Ensure products are delivered on schedule and with high quality results
- Work directly with Project Management, Support and Implementation teams to ensure the delivery of the solution is well defined and can be delivered to our users seamlessly and successfully
- Develop and regularly maintain a data-driven product backlog to deliver on the product vision and roadmap.
- Clearly communicate the larger product vision and specific product requirements across the organization, from senior executives to agile team members
- Engage as required to provide the competitive analysis details required to make good product decisions
- Represent D2L thought leadership at industry events
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast-paced technical environment in the role of Product Manager or Product Owner
- Experience defining and writing business requirements
- Experience assessing the scope and effort required to deliver required software solutions
- A strong understanding of current web, data, cloud and mobile technologies
- Ability to actively manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to take a leadership role when making data driven decisions
- Individual must be a creative thinker, confident and able to express complex ideas in an articulate, concise manner – especially to senior executives.
- Prior experience leading technical and business teams desired
- Agile development experience desired
- Agile planning methodologies desired
- A sharp wit and finely tuned sense of humor desired