- 2G Robotics Inc.
- Job Function
- Sales & Business Development, Technical Writing
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Are you a talented grants writer with the drive to succeed? Do you enjoy researching grant opportunities and discovering untapped funding resources? Can you draw on your skills to secure those resources for 2G Robotics?
There are fantastic government grant-based funding programs available to 2G Robotics in key areas of interest for government support (robotics, water technology, clean technology), and we need a grants writer with technical writing know-how to research, target and secure these opportunities. Sound interesting? 2G wants to hear from you!
As Grants Writer, you will be responsible for proactively researching and targeting key grant and funding opportunities, writing and submitting proposals and managing the reporting requirements associated with specific opportunities. Technical writing skills will help this role in communicating 2G Robotics’ business and research objectives to funding evaluation committees.
The keys to succeed in this role are drive, determination and persistence to initiate contact and follow-up on leads, and the writing talent to eloquently articulate the value in providing 2G Robotics’ with funding.
- Maintain relationships with government representatives from various funding agencies
- Keep up to date on available grant funding opportunities
- Understand 2G Robotics activities and match with available supporting funding
- Develop and submit compelling proposals articulating the value of government support for 2G Robotics
- Manage the reporting requirements associated with the support programs
The Must Haves:
- Previous experience as a technical writer
- Degree or diploma in a professional writing, or related program
- Superior communication skills; written and verbal
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for technical and non-technical audiences
- Technical knowledge and an interest in high-tech research
- A motivated self-starter
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to operate within tight deadlines
The Nice to Haves:
- Background in engineering, research and development
- Exposure to a fast-paced, high-tech, startup environment
- Proficient with Google gSuite (such as Google Docs)
- Employee education fund
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Fun Squad events - Our social committee likes to dream up all kinds of wacky and wonderful events; Comedy nights, snow tubing and board game nights to name a few!
- Veggie Thursdays: Fresh veggies platters provided every Thursday
- Demo Wednesdays: A chance to provide departmental updates and share your knowledge over lunch
- Random Tim’s: A daily draw where you could be selected to have coffee with a co-worker on us!
About 2G Robotics
2G Robotics’ mission is to design and manufacture the best imaging and 3D measurement equipment for subsea surveys and inspections in order to ensure safe offshore operation and mitigate environmental damage precipitated by subsea asset failure. We are dedicated to advanced research, development, and engineering for the production of cutting-edge underwater inspection solutions. The foundation of 2G Robotics is its wealth of engineering expertise in the development of innovative and reliable systems, which has led to the success of its market-leading ULS line of underwater laser scanners. These scanners have been used on all seven continents at extreme depths for a range of underwater inspections, including the high-profile Costa Concordia salvage operation, the U-576 U-boat inspection, HMS Erebus exploration and a scan of the Titanic wreckage.
2G Robotics is committed to a collaborative culture of innovation focused on the development of advanced measurement systems for the installation, inspection, and maintenance of the world’s subsea assets. These include, offshore wind and power systems, deep water oil and gas installations and others.
To learn more about life at 2G Robotics, follow us on Twitter (@2GRobotics) and LinkedIn!