Senior Software Developer
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for developers who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people, like you, opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
How will I make an impact?
We are looking for seasoned software developers who are passionate about developing software using engineering best practices. Senior software developers use past experiences & know-how to enable teams to be more productive & effective through the code they write, the decisions they make and knowledge they share. Your ideas and perspectives are essential to making sure we are investing in the right technology and effectively advancing our goal.
We need software developers to work on a wide range of technologies including, but not limited to: distributed systems, machine learning, user interfaces, mobile and cloud computing.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Strong communication skill for technical discussions and collaboration
- Experience with OO design and proficient coding skills (ie: C++, C# or Java)
- Strong understanding of Computer Science topics including: data structures, algorithms, databases, distributed systems
- A body of work demonstrating a consistent ability to complete technically challenging work
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline
Why D2L Kitchener is awesome!
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit