- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
eSentire is looking for a highly-motivated UI Developer with a strong work ethic to assist with our development efforts. As a member of the SOC-Dashboard team, you will look to empower and improve the user experience for our team of security analysts as they protect our clients from rapidly evolving cyber attacks. At eSentire, we work collaboratively in an open, transparent development culture. All team members are encouraged and expected to interact with the Management team, fellow Developers, Testers, and other stakeholders through the development lifecycle.
At eSentire you will be exposed to, and working directly with, some of the latest technologies used within the industry. We are looking for candidates who are open and excited to develop an expertise with formidable software and platforms such as WebSockets, Docker, Kubernetes, node.js, and Kafka – just to name a few.
You will be responsible for:
- The development of new user-facing features and ongoing maintenance of UI’s within the project
- Optimizing the application(s) for maximum speed and scalability which might include, but not limited to, caching, limiting/removing “code bloat”, and minifying relevant code to avoid unnecessarily large payload to the customer
- Participating in agile project execution – daily stand ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and product demos
- Performing code reviews of other team members work
What we want to see:
- 3-5 years of working experience in UI Development
- A high degree of energy and enthusiasm for cybersecurity challenges and an interest in solutions through exceptional software
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving (knowing how to balance time vs. effort vs. perfection)
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively in a transparent and team-based culture
- An appreciation for quality, craftsmanship, work ethic, and perseverance
- A BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering; or relevant work experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX (JSON)
- Previously developed UI applications, with a strong understanding thereof, using React/Redux, NPM, Webpack, Babel
- Understanding of the ideologies behind Test-Driven Development (TDD) and its role in the development lifecycle, ie.
- Unit Testing
- Functional Testing
- Strong experience with both command-line and GUI operations within Git
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS and Sass
- Experience with Docker (Building images; running containers)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for working within a highly collaborative team
- A strong attention to detail
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is an industry leader, providing managed threat detection and response services to mid-sized organizations, keeping them safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that traditional security defenses simply can’t detect. eSentire combines people, process and proprietary technology to deliver an unmatched, premium level service that hunts, detects, remediates and communicates sophisticated cyber threats in real-time, 24X7.
Protecting more than $5 trillion in Assets under Management (AuM), eSentire is the award-winning choice for security decision-makers in mid-size enterprise. eSentire has received multiple accolades for exceptional service, which includes HFM (Hedge Fund Manager) Service Provider awards, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ , and included in Gartner, Inc.’s list of “Cool Vendors” in the Cool Vendors in Cloud Security Services, report. For more information visit www.esentire.com and follow @esentirecareers.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.