Why join Igloo:
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, and expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content and conversation for a more productive and engaged workforce.
Why this role is important:
As a Software Development Manager at Igloo you will work with an incredible team of developers, testers, designers and product managers to change the way the world comes to work.
Reporting to the Director of Development you will play an incredibly important role in growing our people, processes and the evolution of how we deliver software at Igloo. You’ll do this by leveraging your own deep experience in software development to help the team solve operational challenges, build the right amount of process and continuously improve.
Your primary focus will be to provide strong, crisp leadership to a team of talented software developers and enable your team for success. You believe that leading by example is a must and that a team is built on a foundation of trust.
The impact you’ll have:
- Own the operational aspects of our development lifecycle, helping your team to produce work they are truly proud of.
- Advocate for your people and your team by leading, inspiring and delivering on strategic initiatives and projects that have a global impact.
- Being a strong mentor and coach by helping your team see and reach their potential by taking an active role in guiding their career growth.
- Actively contribute to evolving how we build, test and release software as an organization.
- Collaborate with the team to implement the right amount of process where required but also identify and remove process where it is deemed unnecessary.
- Work cross-functionally with the Product Management, QA, IT and Release Management to coordinate the delivery of software features to our Customers.
What you’ll need:
- 5-8 years of hands-on coding/development experience
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic and tactical thinking.
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional follow up and follow through.
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Experience with distributed systems and web application development.
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, Zeplin and AHA.
- Solid understanding of how the web works (HTTP, APIs etc.).
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies:
- React, Node.js
- C#, .Net MVC5
- GraphQL, gRPC
- MSMQ, Kafka
- MSSQL, NoSQL
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software