At Sonova, our vision is straightforward. We foster a world in which there is a solution to every hearing loss and all people equally enjoy the delight of hearing. We are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, design, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Collectively, we aim to be the most respected hearing care company in the world.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with one of our innovative brands including Unitron headquartered right here in Kitchener, with individuals who share deep commitment to help improve the lives of people with hearing loss. Join our mission and become part of our amazing team!
- Develop and analyze software solutions for hearing aid market applications, hearing aid manufacturing and internal sales and marketing support.
- Analyze third party software for possible hearing aid market applications, hearing aid manufacturing and internal sales and marketing support.
- Assist in the training of customers and/or internal personnel in the use of all supported software and systems.
- Create design documents as required to ensure that requirements are implemented to meet customer’s expectations.
- Perform Verification/Validation of software and systems.
- Troubleshoot software/system issues as required.
- Work closely with the Software Quality Assurance team to provide input into Test Cases.
- Maintain coding standards and best practices for software development. Participates in the code review process to ensure that quality is built into the software.
- Work closely with the Software Manager, Senior Software Developer, Team Lead and team members to ensure that timelines for software/system deliverables are achieved.
- Follow the established standards developed for source code archiving to ensure that the software build/release process is tightly controlled using source control tools.
- Perform other job related duties as required by the Manager.
Your Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills and experience in C#, Java, C++, or other object-oriented language
- Proven ability of systematically designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting software
- Desire to continue to develop your programming skills
- Passion for code quality and maintainability
- Sense of ownership for software projects
- Effective time management and clear communication
- Interest in creative and collaborative processes
- Strong attention to detail
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources