Business Development Manager
At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers’ properties, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies. We are looking for experienced business development and account management folks to help to spread the word and to share the value of our products to a wider audience.
We could use a bunch of words like “results-oriented” or “rock star” or “quota crushing”, but this doesn’t reflect the spirit of what drives us. Yes, we need you to be excellent at identifying, engaging and closing new customers and verticals. Yes, we need you to be scrappy and relentless. But, most importantly, we need you to share our vision of how simple-to-use technology can transform the way our homes and businesses are managed. We need you to believe that Alert Labs can make life easier and better for our customers.
You will work closely with our engineers and scientists to identify new products and features that our customers will love. You will align your efforts with our marketing and customer care teams to ensure that our message reaches the right customers.
This is important to know: Every single member of our team excels in their area of expertise. Everyone is GOOD at their job. We need YOU to be GOOD at finding, attracting, and closing new customers. You also need to be diligent about using our sales tools to engage with customers and to build repeatable sales processes.
What will you do?:
- Find new target customers and manage the sales cycle through to securing a deal
- Unearth new sales opportunities using all the tools at your disposal (networking, research, etc.) and create long term partnerships
- Provide professional after-sales support to build customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Negotiate agreements and track progress and deals in our online systems
- Act as the point of contact for clients and manage key accounts
- Work with our Customer Care team to resolve problems
- Monitor and report on sales performance metrics
What skills do you need?:
- 3-10 years of experience in business development, sales, or account management
- Self-motivation, with proven history of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Experience promoting a SaaS or service business is a benefit
- Background in insurance, plumbing, or HVAC sales is a bonus
Are you a good match?Send your resume to email@example.com or check out our team and other opportunities at:https://alertlabs.ca/pages/contact-opportunities-company-info