Strategic Growth Team Advisor (Startup focused)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Growth Team you will:
- Spend not less than 50% of your time working directly with client companies
- Meet with new client companies to review business concepts, identify company needs, assess management skills, and direct company team members to initial resources such as business plan templates and online resources
- Provide monthly coaching meetings and identify additional resources to assist the company as appropriate
- Identify companies for potential acceptance into Accelerated Program streams
- Enter details of client meetings into the Communitech Client Management System.
- Manage the needs of your assigned portfolio of clients
- Oversee the regular collection of metrics for the team and compile reports suitable for inclusion in MRI (ONE) and IRAP and any other required government reporting.
- Work with the Growth Coaches to ensure the effective delivery of coaching and mentoring services
- Other duties as assigned. All duties subject to change.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with strict attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with client companies and other 3rd parties
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects impacting a variety of stakeholders
- Strong computer skills with emphasis with both Microsoft office and web-based applications
- Experience in high tech or a similar work environment
- Experience working in a business development or corporate affairs role would be an asset
- Experience with technology startups and the lean startup model is extremely helpful
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by May 25, 2018.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2xRs6XD
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.
More search results
Copy of Software Support Analyst / Pre and Post S…
RouteOptix Management Systems Inc.
Intermediate Software Engineer
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.