Virtek Vision International is a Canadian high technology company based in Waterloo. Virtek is a leading provider of laser and vision-based templating and inspection solutions. Virtek plays a dominant role in our markets and the major aerospace companies rely on us to create modern aircraft.
Virtek’s solutions support manufacturers world-wide in a variety of specialized industries to assist with assembly processes. Our solutions provide the ability to project a pattern of laser light onto a work surface or part with a high degree of accuracy, speed, and precision for applications such as composite ply layup, paint masking, placement of components or materials, to quality inspection and reverse engineering tasks.
Virtek is looking for a software architect to join the software team that owns the applications driving our laser and vision projection systems.
As a member of the software team, you work closely with product management, quality assurance, hardware, and R&D to ensure Virtek’s products fulfill our architectural vision for the future and continue to delight our customers.
You will have daily interaction with software team members and quality assurance. You will frequently meet with product management, customers, hardware and R&D during all phases of development.
You will have the opportunity to adopt the customer perspective on sophisticated laser and vision-based templating and inspection solutions. You will deep-dive on technologies involving photogrammetry and CAD model manipulation, among others, to ensure we develop features that delight our customers.
• Amplify our architectural vision by providing guidance and leadership on important architectural decisions.
• Design and build solutions that support Virtek’s product roadmap.
• Desire to mentor developers.
• Strong technical background in system's architecture and design, ideally with significant experience in overall solution architecture.
• Experience designing solutions involving photogrammetry, CAD model manipulation, laser and vision project, 2D and 3D visualization, and user interfaces.
• Proven ability to develop technical solutions within budget and schedule constraints.
• Strong technical documentation skills to clearly articulate a problem statement, compare pros and cons of options, present design guidelines and create comprehensive technical solution design specifications.
• Can effectively and clearly communicate with all types of stakeholders (e.g., Management and Developers).
• Demonstrable experience in C/C++, C# and .NET, Agile, UML.
• Demonstrable software development experience on Linux and Windows.
• Demonstrable ability using object-oriented programming languages (C++/C#).
• Experience with 3D CAD kernels and components (e.g., Spatial® ACIS, InterOp, HOOPS, OpenGL, DirectX) is an asset.
• Experience dealing with hardware (understand schematics) is an asset.
• Background in computer vision / robotics or calibration algorithms is an asset.
Education & Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a software development role.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an architect role.