Software Development Engineer – Secure Home Platform
Location: Waterloo, Canada
At McAfee, we are relentless in our pursuit of new technologies to keep you safe. The Consumer team is tasked with the challenge of protecting and liberating our customers from new and emerging threats. There has never been a better time to be part of McAfee. Our team is passionate about our mission to keep our customers safe. We enjoy a collaborative environment that fosters creative thought. Would you enjoy a fun and challenging atmosphere? Look no further, McAfee is the place for you.
Our project’s niche is the home gateway. We are building a consumer security solution that runs on home modem/router communicating with a robust, highly scalable cloud. We are selling the product to retail manufactures with a Go to Market (GTM) strategy of acquiring major Internet Service Providers (ISPs). With this new product, McAfee aims to protect all devices in your home - even those quirky Internet of Things (IOT) like your smart Thermostat.
Our team is looking for a Software Developer to help with frontend (UI) and backend (Cloud API) development. An ideal candidate should be skilled in two or more of the following - Python (Tornado), AngularJS, Cassandra (NoSQL) and have expertise with the Linux platform. Experience with NGiNX, and similar Web Proxies is a plus. The candidate should have a short learning curve and should be able to adapt to new platforms.
We are looking for candidates with strong technical aptitude to be part of our team. If this interests you, please apply for this position.
- Participation in an Agile Development in SCRUM method
- Help create detailed design specifications
- Join bug hunting missions to find and fix issues
- Employ rigorous testing methods to create a quality product
- Design and develop a web application in Python and AngularJS to support Secure Home Platform
- Interact with marketing, support and product management to collect requirements, help train new product users and set up demo
- Join research and innovation efforts to expand the product and identify solutions to challenging problems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Min. 8-10 years of professional web application development experience
- Hands-on and proficient in Python, AngularJS and deployments on Linux
- Software development experience in Java / C++
- Knowledge of high availability, scalable cloud architecture design
- Excellent knowledge in OOAD, Component Oriented Software Design, OO & design patterns
- Experience with the software development lifecycle for RESTful APIs
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra), and caching (MemCache)
- Experience with Asynchronous frameworks (e.g.: Python Tornado)
- Sound expertise in Linux. Scripting, Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Sound understanding of Networking Concepts and Configuration
- Sound understanding of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, HTTPS
- Understanding of Firewalls, IDS is preferable
- Experience with NGiNX and NAXSI (WAF)
- Experience with Docker & AWS
- Experience with Android / iOS development
- Experience with packet sniffing tools such as Wireshark and tcpdump
McAfee empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its visionary Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe.