Linux C/C++ Software Developer
We are looking for talented C/C++ software developers (both intermediate and senior) in the Linux environment.
This role will focus on the ongoing development of our high performance data processing pipeline system which is at the heart of eSentire. It is a high-profile position at a special time in the company's history, in which the successful candidates will have a unique opportunity to apply their knowledge, learn new skills and create new scalable software and architecture that will support company's fast growth for years to come. You will have contact with everything and everybody in the Development organization, and will have multiple opportunities for growth.
- Creating and improving clean, accurate, maintainable, and testable code, working in tandem with Product Managers, fellow Developers, QA Specialists, Designers, and UX team
- System analysis, design, coding and testing of new features
- Re-factor and maintain existing code, where necessary
- Participate in agile project execution - daily stand ups, collaborative peer reviews and product demos
- Identify opportunities to improve solutions or processes and offers constructive suggestions for positive change
- 3+ years experience in C/C++ development preferably in a Unix-like environment
- Understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP) and C/C++ network and database programming
- General understanding of relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- Solid understanding of Linux and basic administration tasks, networking and routing
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving (knowing how to balance time vs. effort vs. perfection)
- Ability to create good documentation for the software you create
- Good interpersonal, multi-tasking and teamwork skills
- A high degree of energy and enthusiasm for software development
- Passion to use Test Driven Development to create high quality software
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- BSc Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Passionate about delivering continuous value through agile and lean delivery methodologies
- Excels working within highly collaborative teams to build great software solutions
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to meet tight project deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have experience in one or more of:
- Scripting languages, Python preferred
- Messaging middleware or stream processors like RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Linux container technology and its management platforms like Apache Mesos, Google Kubernetes or similar platforms
- NoSQL stores like Elasticsearch, MongoDB, CouchDB, ES, Apache Solr, Cassandra, HBase and Hadoop
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is an industry leader, providing managed threat detection and response services to mid-sized organizations, keeping them safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that traditional security defenses simply can’t detect. eSentire combines people, process and proprietary technology to deliver an unmatched, premium level service that hunts, detects, remediates and communicates sophisticated cyber threats in real-time, 24X7.
Protecting more than $5 trillion in Assets under Management (AuM), eSentire is the award-winning choice for security decision-makers in mid-size enterprise. eSentire has received multiple accolades for exceptional service, which includes HFM (Hedge Fund Manager) Service Provider awards, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ , and included in Gartner, Inc.’s list of “Cool Vendors” in the Cool Vendors in Cloud Security Services, report. For more information visit www.esentire.com and follow @esentirecareers.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.