Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for all aspects of purchasing such as optimizing costs, standardizing procurement processes, improving efficiencies and sourcing best product and service providers in order to support operations so that the company can invest in growth and people. The role is a key liaison with our vendors, service providers and internal customers.
- Negotiates, reviews, and administers vendor contracts in support of company goals and objectives and to secure advantageous pricing and terms
- Accountable and responsible for creating and analyzing requests for quotations and processing purchase orders.
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Interfaces within a cross functional team regularly meeting with Program Management, Engineering, Infrastructure, and Operations to ensure alignment and collaboration with critical stakeholders
- Establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices
- Monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
- Prepare, contribute, and analyze, purchasing related metrics and reports.
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profitability and gross margin objectives.
- Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs and performance.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Bachelor’s degree in business, materials management, operations management or related field.
- 6+ years combined experience as a procurement manager or senior procurement professional
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to analyze alternatives and use judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with ERP systems would be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexible and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with high credibility at all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate flexibility, strong commitment to meeting deadlines, and solid decision-making skills
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is an industry leader, providing managed threat detection and response services to mid-sized organizations, keeping them safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that traditional security defenses simply can’t detect. eSentire combines people, process and proprietary technology to deliver an unmatched, premium level service that hunts, detects, remediates and communicates sophisticated cyber threats in real-time, 24X7.
Protecting more than $5 trillion in Assets under Management (AuM), eSentire is the award-winning choice for security decision-makers in mid-size enterprise. eSentire has received multiple accolades for exceptional service, which includes HFM (Hedge Fund Manager) Service Provider awards, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ , and included in Gartner, Inc.’s list of “Cool Vendors” in the Cool Vendors in Cloud Security Services, report. For more information visit www.esentire.com and follow @esentirecareers.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.
More search results
Copy of Software Support Analyst / Pre and Post S…
RouteOptix Management Systems Inc.
Intermediate Software Engineer
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.