Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers optimize yield and revenue operations team. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
What you’ll do
You get to be the first writer at Sortable! As part of our engineering and product development team, you will be responsible for curating and creating technical documentation for both internal and external consumption. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing deep technical expertise of Sortable’s products, markets, use cases, customers
- Research, create and proofread guides, manuals, reference material, website content, process and/or procedure information, etc.
- Project planning and execution (let’s face it, there will be a lot of work to prioritize and manage as our first writer)
- Be an amazing teammate and resource for internal stakeholders
- Influence and help implement Sortable’s first technical documentation process
Your work will be instrumental in documenting the key features and functions of Sortable’s products, and will be used for training, sales calls, marketing...truly endless possibilities for the ways in which your work will help Sortable grow and scale our business! We think this opportunity is pretty exciting, and if you do too we’d love to chat with you.
Requirements/what it takes
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in English, Creative or Professional Writing, or related field
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and (you guessed it) written
- Genuine interest and curiosity in technology and ability to understand complex systems
- Experience with preparing sales, marketing, and training documentation both for external and company internal use
- Strong, self driven review and editing skills able to subjectively collect and incorporate feedback from various stakeholders
- Proven track record of being a resourceful, self driven, and strong contributor on a cross-functional team
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
- Previous experience in a startup/growth/scale up company an asset
- Experience with Ad Ops and online advertising technologies an asset
- Experience with delivering training to technology savvy audiences an asset
- Experience with reading code in different languages an asset
- A passion for capturing every possible detail neatly and efficiently to communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon.
- Technical background in science, math, engineering, computer science will help you be successful in this role
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth (Deloitte Fast50/Fast500, PROFIT 500) and workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see every day.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
More search results
Copy of Software Support Analyst / Pre and Post S…
RouteOptix Management Systems Inc.
Intermediate Software Engineer
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.