Sheba Microsystems is an early-stage, well-funded, fast-moving company with ground-breaking MEMS actuator technology. Our mission is to become a world leading provider of compact camera auto-focus and image stabilization systems based on our actuator platform. Our technology has dramatically lower power consumption, longer lifetimes, and faster response than current standards.
Sheba Microsystems is seeking driven, passionate, self-motivated and enthusiastic engineering team members to join us as we bring our technology to market. This is a chance to make your mark on the products that we will be shipping around the world. We are located in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Interested candidates are encouraged to send a full resume and cover letter to careers - at - shebamicrosystems.com.
We are looking for a dynamic engineer with outstanding technical skills, work ethic and ingenuity to join the core of our product development team and help build the future of compact camera technology. This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Reporting directly to the Executive Director and President, you will be a key member of the engineering team to develop new MEMS actuators and sensors, based on our proprietary MEMS designs.
- You will design and simulate Sheba MEMS device designs for actuators and sensors.
- You will fabricate and test new MEMS devices in cutting-edge clean room facilities.
- You will develop relationships with MEMS academic and industry partners, reading the literature, surveying the technology landscape, and taking part in discussions.
- You will contribute to our product plans with ideas for new products and improvements.
- You will contribute to the business and technical plans, by helping to define all of our technical milestones.
- You will help supervise, mentor and train all members of the engineering team.
- You have a Master’s and/or PhD in Physics, Engineering or equivalent.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in MEMS device design and development.
- Ideally, you have hands-on MEMS device fabrication experience.
- Ideally, you have experience with Coventor MEMS modelling software.
- Ideally, you have experience with MATLAB, Zemax and Solidworks.
- You have a proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and have the drive and motivation to succeed in the fast-paced environment of a technology start-up company.
- Fluent verbal and written English language ability, including technical language.