DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer
Waterloo, ON, Canada Full-time
RideCo is a technology start-up that provides cloud based logistics software for fleets of sedans and shuttles. Our dynamic routing technology is currently being used and tested in cities and campuses across North America and Asia. RideCo has enabled ridesharing services, on demand buses and shuttles, and first/last mile shared van services for public transit stations. Customers have included public transit organizations and one of the largest ridesharing companies in the world. At RideCo, you can be part of this rapidly changing industry.
You will join a small, agile team managing RideCo’s cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building world-class infrastructure and a track record of success creating highly available, scalable, automated, distributed systems. You will need strong systems experience, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving meaningful feedback on technical designs and implementations.
- Manage infrastructure, both cloud and in-house.
- Lead architectural changes that improve performance and uptime.
- Develop monitoring and alerting, both technically and culturally.
- Build tools that streamline development and deployment.
- Architect highly available real-time distributed applications.
- Work with diverse stacks, including both stateful and stateless services.
- Improve the platform’s auto-scaling capabilities.
- Maximize utilization of cloud resources to balance performance and cost.
- Plan and execute OS and application upgrades in the cloud.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experienced software developer (5+ years).
- Experienced sysadmin (Linux).
- Have built and maintained highly-available distributed applications.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting (Prometheus, Grafana).
- Cloud expertise (AWS, EC2, RDS).
- Strong predilection for automation (IaC, Terraform).
- Strong scripting and experience building diverse, robust tooling (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (Jenkins).
- Experience with Python programming language.
- Experience with Python web application development (Django, Flask, Gunicorn).
- Experience with web server deployments and tuning (nginx).
- Experience with Docker and container based build infrastructures.
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Familiarity with Agile build and development processes.
- Excitement for learning new domains and new skills.
RideCo is a tech startup. Fleet operators and public transit agencies in North America and Asia use RideCo’s cloud based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans and cars.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with public buses and switched to driving a car? What about dynamically splitting the cost of a taxi ride with others going the same way? Have you seen buses drive around in residential areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You’re likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This ‘dynamic shuttle’ (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo’s ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
While there are many companies attempting to commercialize dynamic transportation solutions, RideCo is the only company that offers a solution that works in real-time at large scale across a mixed fleet of vehicles from buses to sedans in both high-density and low-density urban environments. This unique solution is based on patent-pending logistics technology developed over years of research by our engineering team.
RideCo’s early adopter customers include regional transit agencies as well as multi-national private fleet operators in North America and Asia. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
Competitive base salary + stock options
Send your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile), cover letter, and portfolio to:
Email Subject: “Software Engineer – Infrastructure Engineer”