HR Specialist - 14 month contract
At Sonova, our vision is straightforward. We foster a world in which there is a solution to every hearing loss and all people equally enjoy the delight of hearing. We are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, design, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Collectively, we aim to be the most respected hearing care company in the world.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with one of our innovative brands including Unitron headquartered right here in Kitchener, with individuals who share deep commitment to help improve the lives of people with hearing loss. Join our mission and become part of our amazing team!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with managers to define new roles, develop recruitment sourcing strategies, interview and prepare employment offers.
- Manages requisition approval process
- Manages onboarding and orientation plans.
- Target recruitment events that are that are high impact and produce candidates.
- Participates in recruitment events and other community events
- Support building and developing employer branding to further our talent acquisition strategies
- Manages the coop program and works to diversify our hiring strategies.
- Continues to build strong partnerships with Universities and Colleges
- Supports HR team with communications, employee training, and administration of benefit plans.
- Assist employees with any benefit and payroll issues.
- Ensures intercompany transfers and other related relocations are handled including visas.
- Actively pursues an awareness of new and emerging HR best practices and compliance requirements, and the potential application in our environment.
- Other HR projects as needed.
The experience you bring:
- University degree in Business, Human Resources Management or related field of knowledge is required.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive HR experience required.
- CHRL professional designation complete or in progress.
- Expertise in recruitment at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Success Factors is an asset.
- Some knowledge of practices related to payroll and benefits activities is beneficial.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to confidently present information and influence stakeholders.
- Analytical thinker and independent problem solver; must be able to bring initiatives and projects to timely completion.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Sonova is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources.