Senior Product Designer (UX)
- Job Function
- Design & UX, Product Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Make an Impact. Make us Better. Collaborators Wanted!
Who we are:
We are a Waterloo-based SaaS software company that is changing the corporate learning game with Axonify–the only microlearning platform proven to drive business performance. How do we do it? By turning each individual employee into a consistent performer who knows and does the right things at work. The best part? People love to learn with Axonify, and they participate voluntarily!
What are the ingredients to our success? A strong leadership team, an industry-leading product, a culture built on trust and most importantly – an extraordinary group of employees. By expanding our team with smart, motivated people we will continue to lead the way in this new & exciting space.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to support the design of the overall functionality of the product to create a digital experience that the users will like and find easy to use. You will work with the Product Management and Development teams to inform functional features and products through design work and user research. In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. You will be expected to champion the user experience and own the strategy, processes and activities associated with providing a best-in-class user experience.
- Create and champion a comprehensive data-driven, research-based user experience strategy
- Continually conduct user research and user testing and share actionable information and contribute to product design based on research.
- Develop and enhance user personas based on ongoing research.
- Collaborate with functional and technical product managers on feature development and enhancement.
- Collaborate with user experience team on agile design process.
- Lead day-to-day product design decisions related to both new and existing functions and features.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years of product design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or similar
- Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web based applications, mobile applications & consumer facing web sites and/or applications
- Interest in constantly keeping up-to-date of latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux
- Ability to work as part of a design team considering many different market drivers
- Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- An understanding of the latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Business-minded approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented, highly enthusiastic team player, with a positive attitude
- Personal drive for the highest quality
How to apply:
Have we intrigued you? Apply below to learn more.