Technical Application Specialist
About the Role:
As the Technical Applications Specialist, you will be a technical expert on all products within NDI’s portfolio. Using that expertise, you will play a key role assisting Account Managers to move customers through the sales cycle by consulting with end customers on their applications and requirements, recommending technology and solutions, performing demonstrations, and in general being a trusted industry expert.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Understand and refine customer’s technical requirements, perform project feasibility studies, and recommend technology and solutions that will solve the customer’s unique problems.
- Prepare and present demonstrations and technical presentations on these solutions, identifying NDI’s value proposition over competitive products.
- Work with Marketing staff, internal experts, and end customers to create data sheets, white papers, videos, webinars, trade show demonstrations, and technical presentations based on NDI products and unique customer applications.
- Attend and present at tradeshows and conferences.
- Investigate ways NDI products can be applied in new markets and applications.
- Develop and deliver training programs for Customers, Distributors, OEMs, and internal resources.
- Provide guidance to Product Management for future product developments by having a clear understanding of common customer requirements, industry trends, and competitive technologies.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience working with customers, creating requirements, conducting meetings, and presenting technical material
- Industry experience in measurement, tracking, guidance, or quality inspection systems is considered an asset
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Aptitude for technology
- Proven ability to problem solve
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Commercially aware
- Willingness to travel globally
- Computer programming experience is an asset
- Multiple spoken and written languages are an asset
- Exciting and challenging work based on cool technology
- Stable company that genuinely respects the life-work balance
- Generous employer-paid benefits package
- Casual work environment
- Company-wide bonus program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year
- Holiday shut-down
- Free onsite parking
- Growing global company with offices in Waterloo, Vermont, Germany, and Hong Kong
- Close to GRT and ION stops
- Located just off the Conestoga Expressway, close to Conestoga Mall, the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market, and other retail amenities
How to Apply:
It all starts with your online application. Please upload your resume and cover letter (optional) as a Word or PDF file.
Every day, new applications for NDI technology in medicine and research reach new places in the world. Currently, we have over 45,000 measurement systems installed worldwide, helping people in more than 35 countries. The key to our success is our people! With employees in four offices across the globe, our teams work collaboratively to innovate and continue our tradition of providing industry leading products for our customers and partners. Check us out at https://www.ndigital.com/
Accessibility at NDI:
We’re committed to minimizing barriers to persons with disabilities and will endeavour to align our policies, practices, procedures and services with core principles of independence and dignity, integration and equal opportunity. Any individual who requires assistance may contact us toll free via telephone (877-634-6340) and/or via email at email@example.com.