Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
We are proud to be ranked in the top 30 on the 29th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do to bring world class digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies, and corporations.
What we are looking for:
A passionate, self-motivated technical writer to create and maintain customer-facing documentation for the Magnet Forensics line of products. As part of the Product Management organization, you’ll work closely with product managers, UX designers, developers, testers, forensic examiners, and technical support reps to produce technical content for forensic examiners.
- Design, write, and revise product documentation, including user guides, reference guides, and release notes for regular product releases.
- Work closely with UX designers to provide input into a globalized product by writing and reviewing UI strings.
- Prioritize feedback from product management, forensic examiners, and technical support to improve documentation based on the needs of our customers.
- Liaise with Agile teams by attending daily standups, retros, sprint planning sessions, and more.
- Perform peer edits and proofreading to make sure documentation follows Magnet Forensics style guide and that language is clear, concise, and correct.
- Bachelor’s degree in English Rhetoric and Professional Writing or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience writing for software products
- Strong understanding of DITA and minimalism
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Knack for translating difficult concepts into plain language
- Strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, and accountability
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiar with standard issue tracking and source control software like JIRA, Git, and Gerrit
- Experience with XML and CSS is a plus
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics Inc. does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at email@example.com or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.