What we do
Rattlehub Digital is a fin-tech company that recently established its holding company in Canada, based at Communitech Hub. We have an operating subsidiary in Pretoria, South Africa with about 10 employees and we are building our team in Canada with our founder-CEO and Lead Software Developer as the first arrivals. Our purpose is to enable people to look after their next generations, we do this by managing personal information digitally, end-to-end, one could say “cradle to grave”.
- Report to the Senior Software Engineer based at Communitech.
- Identify bugs in the code base and be responsible for understanding, communicating and rectifying the code.
- Be part of the design team on existing and new functionality
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Help maintain code quality
- You’ll have good computer science fundamentals, meaning you’ve complete a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or something equivalent.
- You have a 3+ years’ experience of Full Stack .Net development.
- Proficiency in C# with a good understanding of the .Net ecosystem.
- Experience in ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET MVC & Web API
- You have experience working with Entity Framework
- Experience in implementing Domain Driven Design (Entities, Repositories, Domain Services, Application Services, DTOs, Unit Of Work etc.)
- Working knowledge of Layered Architecture (Domain, Application, Presentation and Infrastructure Layers)
- Experience in dependency Injection (using Castle Windsor as a DI container)
- Experience in working in a strict model and base classes environment using Object-Relational Mapping with EntityFramework.Core
- You have 3+ years’ experience in database management systems, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- You have a strong fundamental knowledge of building Web Applications with at least 3+ years of experience building scalable, secure web applications.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts to designers, support, and other Engineers is easy for you.
- You possess strong software engineering knowledge in areas such as data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have 2+ years JQuery and/or Angular experience.
- Past experience building systems within the Microsoft Azure environment will be beneficial.
- Strong collaborative problem solving skills.
What you can expect to do
- As part of the development team you will be involved with our complete development lifecycle from component conception and design all the way through to releasing the final component as part of the permyssion eco-system.
- You will be working with and learning from our Senior Software developer who has a wealth of knowledge architecting and building enterprise, scalable, secure web applications with 25+ years of experience, building out exciting, most of the time, cutting-edge software components all built around personal information and the security and privacy thereof.
- Your primary responsibility will be to assist the senior development team in implementing bug fixes, system updates and new functionality within the permyssion eco-system.
- You have a strong understanding of object orientated design principles being applied to building scalable software systems.
- You are known for your love of solving problems and achieving targets. And when you are not working you are staying curious, building your knowledge and honing your craft.
- Real purpose - you will wake up each day knowing you are positively contributing to someone’s life today!
- Small and incredibly talented team
- Competitive salary based on experience
- An opportunity to participate in discretionary share incentive scheme
- Flexible working hours
- An ongoing learning experience
- Working on things that improve people’s lives while working on the best technologies available
- An opportunity to be part of a Canadian fin-tech with international opportunities
Working at Rattlehub
- Rattlehub Digital values passion, integrity, respect, creativity, tenacity, and collaboration. Each of our team members have a voice!
- We encourage each other to try out new ideas and adopt the ones that work
- We deeply value supporting a flexible work/life balance
- We are an emerging company and our culture is a combination of what we individually and collectively value!
Email your resume, examples of your previous work and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role to email@example.com.
Resumes sent with a video preferred.