Please note that this is a 4-6 month contract role.
The Business Systems Analyst position is responsible for working closely within the Business Systems team to improve processes, maintain and improve data integrity, and identify and communicate key insights. You need to possess strong attention to detail and will be a team player in assisting the Finance Team.
- Within 15 days
- Meet with all key business stakeholders
- Own and develop relationship with department leaders, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Seek to understand needs of your customers -- the business owners
- Understand the integration points amongst the key business systems and current process implementations
- Align with corporate strategy
- Document key business processes at a high-level
- Within 30 days
- Prioritize key business processes
- Assist to create a structure for iterating on business projects
- Define a Platform for the capture stakeholders requirements
- Communicate key insights and findings to systems team
- Gather requirements
- Translate and simplify challenges into process requirements
- Identify gaps in alignment between systems and strategy
- Report on technical issues or questions and make recommendations
- Within 60 days
- Assist the business in iterating and refining process requirements to deliver solutions stakeholders love
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value for financial reporting
What You’ll Need:
- Business/Systems Analysis (3 - 5 years minimum)
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial metrics
- Advanced MS Excel / Google Sheets Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Demonstrable knowledge of mapping business processes to business systems
- Must have strong written & verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, ability to work with a team, critical thinking, organizational skills and knowledge of competency in finance and analysis process
Bonus points for:
- Experience in scale up tech environment
- Experience with NetSuite
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.