Content and Knowledge Management Specialist
You’re a shameless tech enthusiast who loves learning the ins and outs of the latest gadget. You have excellent communication skills and are able to convey intricate technical information clearly and concisely in a way that engages customers. You have an eye for how to represent information in it’s best format, whether through text, pictures or video. You’re a team player with the ability to work with cross-functional teams covering engineering, marketing, and operations. You love to help educate others and have a passion for the role that knowledge management and customer service plays in the success of a company.
What You'll Do:
- Within 15 days,
- Learn the ins and outs of the Myo armband and the internal and external tools used by the customer care team
- Review and maintain current Myo product and customer care documentation. Update existing and create new documentation as needed
- Work with internal teams to identify company and brand communication guidelines
- Within 30 days,
- Dig into new and existing products to understand how they work
- Design, develop, and implement processes for customer care and product content creation and publishing
- Work closely with marketing and product teams to ensure external documentation is accurate and on brand
- Suggest and help make decisions on appropriate channels for content, such as online videos, how-to documents, FAQs, etc.
- Draft and review documentation for upcoming products and projects
- Track metrics and insights based on documentation view and access
- Within 60 days,
- Help develop internal knowledge management tools to support product development
- Be the go-to person for customer-focused documentation
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years in a customer service or knowledge management role
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other image editing software
- Ability to easily comprehend technical problems and convey solutions for both hardware and software issues
- Ability to translate technical product data into customer friendly information
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to handle difficult, and potentially confrontational, situations with patience and ease
Bonus points for:
- Experience in technical writing
- Background in the tech/consumer electronics industry
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Communications or a related field
- Independent worker with strong initiative
- Previous startup experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.