Operations Community Lead
You have proven experience leading teams responsible for delivering manufacturing processes and strategies. You’ve previously held leadership roles with successful technology organizations and now you’re ready for your next big challenge. You possess a broad technical knowledge base which has been rounded out through experience working in dynamic environments. You also love a good dose of analysis by providing research and analytical interpretation to formulate strategies and recommendations. You are recognized as someone who leads a team with integrity, inspires others, and enables them to deliver their best work.
- Within 15 days,
- Meet with the operations, planning, and broader engineering teams to understand the current status of operations within Thalmic
- Review the current manufacturing strategy to understand its ability to meet Thalmic’s global growth plans. Maximum flexibility at minimum cost
- Within 30 days,
- Set departmental goals to ensure the lowest conversion cost possible while at the same time providing a world class user experience for the end customer both internal and external
- Review and amend as appropriate current and future staffing requirements
- Review and enhance current reporting processes
- Develop strategies for creating a world class operations environment
- Produce a plan for enhanced inventory strategies and processes that support upcoming product and manufacturing needs
- Identify systems gaps in executing on the above plans
- Within 60 days,
- Provide leadership to staff which will include personal and professional development, and ensuring resources are in place for growth
- Establish internal Key Performance metrics for operations functions, including budgets
- Establish a plan to address current gaps and future requirements for systems
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 10+ years in a leadership role
- Engineering Degree or diploma in a related field
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude
- Outstanding negotiation and mediation/conflict resolution skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team-oriented mindset and awareness of process
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience with Arena(PLM) and Netsuite(ERP)
- Operations experience within a high volume, high mix, configure-to-order consumer electronics environment
- P.Eng designation an asset
- Lean 6 Sigma background
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for components such as batteries, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.