Are you an experienced surveyor? Do you have strong technical capabilities in the areas of data collection and analysis? Can you plan and manage survey work?
2G Robotics is looking for an experienced hydrographic and/or land surveyor to operate our boat and manage our survey equipment for continued R&D and development of our technology. If this sounds like an exciting and interesting opportunity, 2G wants to hear from you!
As the Marine Surveyor at 2G Robotics, you will be responsible for heading out for field tests for a couple days, every 2 to 4 weeks, to the various lakes that are a 2 to 4-hour drive from our Waterloo Ontario facility.
You will be responsible for managing and operating the 2G Robotics boat, outfitted with our equipment and high grade inertial and acoustic positioning equipment in addition to survey-grade GPS systems. You will also play a part in the processing of data collected on deployments with this boat and other data that is obtained by 2G. The survey and data processing operations will serve internal customers. Predominantly you will provide the R&D team with operational support taking their general data collection objectives and working with our engineering team to determine how to most effectively obtain the data that is needed.
You will also provide a customers perspective to the development of our technology, ensuring that the systems we develop not only collect great data but is intuitive to operate by other surveyors in the field. The other main internal customer that you will serve is the Sales and marketing team, assisting in collecting data to demonstrate the capabilities of our equipment to our customers.
- Project planning and execution of field tests and demonstrations.
- Execute positioning and navigation tasks to meet operational requirements
- Perform data acquisition for hydrographic, micro-bathymetric and photogrammetric surveys
- Perform data processing to create, fly through animations, drawings and other visualizations.
- Maintain all survey & navigation equipment
The Must Haves:
- Geomatics Degree or Diploma
- 3+ years of direct knowledge and experience in either hydrographic and land surveys
- Experience with small boat operations
- Proficient with terrestrial survey equipment such as GNSS, total stations, etc.
- Ability to plan and supervise site survey work
- Ability to multi-task between a number of projects which require different levels and types of survey/navigation operations
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Valid Ontario Boating License
- Ability to travel within Southern Ontario
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule
The Nice to Haves:
- Experience with single and multi-beam survey systems
- Direct knowledge of EIVA software, Qinsy, HydroPRO, Cloud Compare, ACAD, Caris, Terramodel software packages
- Experience with acoustic and inertial positioning equipment, USBL, LBL, DVL, Intertial
- ROV based survey experience
- Understanding of imagery and optical measurement systems
- Employee education fund
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- International travel opportunities
- Fun Squad events - Our social committee likes to dream up all kinds of wacky and wonderful events; Comedy nights, snow tubing and board game nights to name a few!
- Veggie Thursdays: Fresh veggies platters provided every Thursday
- Demo Wednesdays: A chance to provide departmental updates and share your knowledge over lunch
- Random Tim’s: A daily draw where you could be selected to have coffee with a co-worker on us!
About 2G Robotics
2G Robotics’ mission is to design and manufacture the best imaging and 3D measurement equipment for subsea surveys and inspections in order to ensure safe offshore operation and mitigate environmental damage precipitated by subsea asset failure. We are dedicated to advanced research, development, and engineering for the production of cutting-edge underwater inspection solutions. The foundation of 2G Robotics is its wealth of engineering expertise in the development of innovative and reliable systems, which has led to the success of its market-leading ULS line of underwater laser scanners. These scanners have been used on all seven continents at extreme depths for a range of underwater inspections, including the high-profile Costa Concordia salvage operation, the U-576 U-boat inspection, HMS Erebus exploration and a scan of the Titanic wreckage.
2G Robotics is committed to a collaborative culture of innovation focused on the development of advanced measurement systems for the installation, inspection, and maintenance of the world’s subsea assets. These include, offshore wind and power systems, deep water oil and gas installations and others.
To learn more about life at 2G Robotics, follow us on Twitter (@2GRobotics) and LinkedIn!