2G Robotics is growing and we’re looking for an individual to assist with maximizing performance by implementing internal tools to help manage the company and make everyone's lives just a bit easier!
As Web Developer will be responsible for understanding 2G Robotics current best practices and aspects of how we do things that can be automated and then provide the company with the tools to make things run better. These tools will be a combination of custom tools and customizations and interfaces with 3rd party solutions such as Netsuite, JIRA and Google GSuite. These tools are used to help us organize everything from time tracking and employee engagement to our product development and release process.
2G Robotics has lots of interesting employee engagement systems that have been built to date such as our random Tim's program where 2 employees are randomly paired to go to Tim Horton's together each day, and you will be responsible for the maintenance of these tools.
We are also starting to develop more customer facing web applications and the initial prototypes and minimalistic products for these web interfaces will be your responsibility. One example of this is our data processing production code that has been exposed through a web interface initially as an internal tool that now needs to migrate to be customer facing.
The Must Haves:
- Python and Bash scripting
- Google Script, Netsuite, JIRA scripting experience
- Ability to see the big picture, and understanding how the project fits into the larger direction of 2G Robotics
- Highly organized and keen attention to detail
- Superior communication skills
- Collaborative spirit and strong teamwork skills
- Flexible and inventive
The Nice to Haves:
- Netsuite Scripting
- Cloud Computing Platforms such as AWS
- UX design experience
- Experience developing commercial tools
- Exposure to organizations with ISO 9001 certification
- Employee education fund
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- International travel opportunities
- Fun Squad events - Our social committee likes to dream up all kinds of wacky and wonderful events; Comedy nights, snow tubing and board game nights to name a few!
- Veggie Thursdays: Fresh veggies platters provided every Thursday
- Demo Wednesdays: A chance to provide departmental updates and share your knowledge over lunch
- Random Tim’s: A daily draw where you could be selected to have coffee with a co-worker on us!
About 2G Robotics
2G Robotics’ mission is to design and manufacture the best imaging and 3D measurement equipment for subsea surveys and inspections in order to ensure safe offshore operation and mitigate environmental damage precipitated by subsea asset failure. We are dedicated to advanced research, development, and engineering for the production of cutting-edge underwater inspection solutions. The foundation of 2G Robotics is its wealth of engineering expertise in the development of innovative and reliable systems, which has led to the success of its market-leading ULS line of underwater laser scanners. These scanners have been used on all seven continents at extreme depths for a range of underwater inspections, including the high-profile Costa Concordia salvage operation, the U-576 U-boat inspection, HMS Erebus exploration and a scan of the Titanic wreckage.
2G Robotics is committed to a collaborative culture of innovation focused on the development of advanced measurement systems for the installation, inspection, and maintenance of the world’s subsea assets. These include, offshore wind and power systems, deep water oil and gas installations and others.
To learn more about life at 2G Robotics, follow us on Twitter (@2GRobotics) and LinkedIn!